did i approach this wrong?

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KBearden

did i approach this wrong?

Post by KBearden » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:43 pm

My 2 previous posts were of songs that I had written bout 30 years ago and i was looking for some feedback on if the lyrical content was usable in the genres of today. 74 views with no comments (the 2 for 1 and 1 for the other was me adding comments) good or bad? this thread states "get your lyrics reviewed by others......I do appreciate the views but was hoping for some feedback.....

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: did i approach this wrong?

Post by hummingbird » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:48 am

Hi Mudbug, the answer is yes and no. You posted multiple lyrics on one post. I think it should just be one. I looked myself and felt overwhelmed at the thought of giving feedback on so many songs. It helps if you are more specific about what you want to help with. The lyrical requirements will vary depending on the genre you are shooting for. For example, your fishy song might be suitable for kids or something quirky & lighthearted. Blood on the moon is totally different. You ask if they can be put to song... again it depends on the goal and the genre. If you intend your lyrics for commercial use in film and tv or as a possible pitch to an artist or publisher, then the books Casey recommended would be very helpful. You are very welcome to post lyrics one at a time giving us some idea of what it is you are shooting for so we aren't shooting in the dark in terms of feedback :) I hope that helps, and welcome to the forum!!

cheers
H'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: did i approach this wrong?

Post by Len911 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 am

I'll have to revisit one of your posts. I remember reading and I thought I responded, though sometimes I either don't like my responses and delete or I wrote a long winded piece and the system logged me out when I posted. :cry: I sometimes don't remember to login again in another tab before I post. A couple of days I was a little rushed, my mom went to the hospital for pneumonia, everything fine now, and coincidentally the time Hillary was in the news with it, ;) and she happened to be in KC the week before, :o hmm, must have been going around? Or something conspiratorial,lol!

There are usually better times than others to post. Weekends are slower. Mondays are taxi tv nights.

One lyric per post is usually the best.

Sometimes people just don't have anything to say. I usually don't have that problem, because I never shut up,lol!

Also for some reason, lyrics don't seem to get a lot of love or posts?? :?
Unless, someone is looking for a lyricist, then there seems to be old posts brought to life from years ago. Seriously,lol!!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music