Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

DIfferent versions and male vocals...

Post by Tunesmith » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 am

Hi All,

I was psyched to see the Vietnam era listing..I recorded a rhythm guitar part, wrote the words on a walk with the dogs, was ready to record my vocal when I referred to the listing and it said MALE vocals.. :o

bummer for me..oh well I thought..i tried to emulate a male voice to no avail and looked for vocal morphing VSTs..(does anyone no of any?)

Then I got wise :idea: and contacted a pal I had a duo with in the 80's who actually dodged the draft only to get arrested then (he is a former TAXI member) He was psched to collab! SO I sent the wav file of my guitar, etc.

2 days later I finally hear from him and he is cutting and pasting, changing the key, fully producing, changing some words, playing all instruments. At first I was like..hmm.. where is my version/vision? gone? So I explained how I was envisioning rhythm guitar, electric guitar added with male vocals as I had proposed.. I really thought I would get wav files sent back to add to my recorded guitar.

Later I realized that perhaps collaborating means letting go of control..so I texted him and said..go for it..just refer to the listing description from time time as most of my returns have been due to not fully adhering to the description and samples.

That being said, my questions are

1. Can you submit two versions of the same song?..ie, one fully produced, one simple acoustic? (I tried to find the rules of the road but could not locate it)

2. Could female harmonies be added?

Best of luck with this listing if you are submitting!

Linda C

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: DIfferent versions and male vocals...

Post by Len911 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 am

looked for vocal morphing VSTs..(does anyone no of any?) flux trax

https://youtu.be/fg00-4aUcWI
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: DIfferent versions and male vocals...

Post by Tunesmith » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you Len. I will most likely invest when I get some extra $...

How coincidental (for me) that Suzanne Vega's song there is used as a sample. I was singing (breath singing) that way and thinking of her when I did my 1st vocal on the tune..

My Roland VS 1680 has a vocal emulator as well..I haven't tried to patch through it yet..and have never tried it when the VS was my DAW.

Linda