Disappearing Listing D210404RA

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Disappearing Listing D210404RA

Post by Merryband1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:20 pm

I spent the day writing a Renaissance piece for harp per the listing, and now when I went back to check to see if I had the length right, the listing is nowhere to be found! I was really looking forward to pitching to this listing, because Renaissance is where I spend a lot of time, musically. Now I wonder whether the company changed its mind about wanting to hear pieces from TAXI members, or if there's something wrong with the site. It was definitely there when I looked at it earlier, and I listened to and bookmarked all of the reference tracks. Either way, I now have a piece of genuine-sounding Renaissance music that I wouldn't have had otherwise, but it's still pretty upsetting.
(And yes, before you ask, I'm also working on the Renaissance Faire song listing, which is different. Thanks!)

Merry

This is the official TAXI email:
TAXI DISPATCH
ORIGINAL MEDIEVAL/RENAISSANCE FAIRE INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a very successful EXCLUSIVE Music Licensing Company. This company has a very long history of lots and lots of really AWESOME placements, tons of which have been for TAXI members!

This Company is searching for Instrumentals in All Tempos in the general ballpark of the following references:

"Kemp's Jig" by Gryphon

"Will yow walke the woods soe wylde" by William Byrd & Paul O'Dette

"Ronde III" by Tylman Susato & Trouvere Medieval Minstrels

Please submit top-notch, original Instrumentals that could make the listener feel like they've been transported to Medieval or Renaissance times. Your submissions should have compelling melodies and great rhythms. Authentic-sounding instrumentation is key for nailing this request – think Lutes, Harps, Flutes, etc. If you're planning on using virtual instruments, they should sound like the real thing – nothing synthetic-sounding or obviously MIDI-driven will work, here. We recommend sticking to a singular mood throughout your pieces so they remain cohesive.

NOTE: This Company is NOT looking for Orchestral music for this pitch. If you could imagine your Instrumentals being performed by a minstrel in the Middle Ages, you could be on the right track!

All submissions should be around two to four minutes in length, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for feel, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT! Per our client, your Submissions must:

1) NOT be encumbered by ANY other publishing, licensing, administration, and/or exploitation deals (whether non-exclusive or exclusive) including publishing/licensing agreements with CD Baby, TuneCore, DistroKid, etc.

2) Be 100% original – no soundalikes, Covers, and no recordings with samples.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, April 4th, 2021. TAXI Dispatch # D210404RA

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Disappearing Listing D210404RA

Post by Ted » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:11 am

I just looked at the Dispatch listings while logged into my account and that specific listing is there. Make sure you're logged into your account and go to your account page and access the Dispatch listings from there.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:13 am

That would be pretty frustrating. Its worth double-checking that you're looking at the Dispatch listings rather than just the 'normal' listings? I've done that before. :roll: :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:19 am

I had done that yesterday, Graham, even inputting the listing number, and it was gone. Today, however, it's back under the Dispatch listings, so thanks for making me check again! I guess it may have been a glitch in the system. :) And thanks, too, Ted. Maybe it was my own computer that made it disappear! I'm just glad it's back!

Merry

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

PS Re: Disappearing Listing D210404RA

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 am

I also noticed that I'd forgotten to "favorite" the listing, so that didn't help, either! :oops: :) Anyway, I appreciate the help!

Merry

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Listing D210404RA :)

Post by Merryband1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:45 pm

And I submitted my harp piece to the listing yesterday evening!

Merry