We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Dispatch # D220825FE

Post by Merryband1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi TAXI Family!
I just did a track for this listing and wonder if you guys think it fits the listing and the reference tracks. I originally mixed Taiko with a drumkit for the beats, but after advice from Michael Hurwicz, I changed up the drums. Shakuhachi, Koto, and Shamisen are the melody instruments. Opinions? Does it work? Does it still need work? I wrote it in notation software and then edited it in my DAW, but I'm having some problems with my right ear, so I don't know if it's mixed properly.

Thanks!
Merry
"Bamboo Hope-Hop"

A Bunch of FAR EAST-Inspired INSTRUMENTALS with BEATS are needed by a great Music Library with lots of success in Film and TV placements for a variety of TV, Film, Promotional, and Advertising opportunities.

This Library is searching for a range of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general ballpark of the following references:

"Koto" by CloZee

"No Gods" by Free Flow Lava

"Lanterns" by Xomu

"Ethereal Japan" by ndls404 feat. Morokiri

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit well-produced Instrumentals that blend traditional Far East Asian musical elements (think Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.) with modern Electronic, Trap, and/or Hip-Hop beats. Your submissions should have captivating motifs, energizing rhythms, vibrant arrangements, and polished production. Instrumentation that is generally similar to the style of the references will work best for this request. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central motif and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create a sense of dynamics, interest, and forward motion. Please be sure any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and not dated.

All submissions should be about 2 to 4 minutes long (give or take) with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

NOTE: Do NOT submit any tracks with spoken producer tags/watermarks as they're not usable for film and TV placements.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, August 25th, 2022. TAXI Dispatch # D220825FE

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dispatch # D220825FE

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:51 am

Hey Merry! I wanted to give you some feedback on this piece since no one has chimed in yet...but, disclaimer alert, this is definitely not my area, so it's just my humble opinion. I think you have a really good start here with the call and response melody. The sounds are good and just need some production to bring them to the level of the references. Then you just need to create or collaborate to add some awesome beats to back them up. I think you're on the right track, though, great start!, and best of luck with it!

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Dispatch # D220825FE

Post by jefflaplante » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:34 am

Hi. First thing I notice is that there is no bass/low end, which is crucial for trap/hip hop music. I did a whole album of these Asian Hip Hop tracks for a library earlier this year. Here is an example of what I think they are looking for. Notice how prominent the 808 bass is in the mix. Also, I filled it out with additional atmospheric vocal samples in the background and hi-hat/percussion loops for added flavor...which is also a staple of modern trap music.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff303/another- ... al_sharing

Jeff