Dispatch is the Shiz!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dispatch is the Shiz!

Post by andreh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:39 am

Quote:Quote:I've been debating going the dispatch route. So it's a good idea?Hey Coach,First, congrats on the forward. Steve (sgs4u) made some excellent points, well... not just some - all were excellent and he covered things I like about it but didn't even realize. It's definitely worth it and the more flexible you are in terms of doing different styles the better. I only do instrumentals that fall into the categories of orchestral, electronica, and maybe new age and still there are at least several good listings each month. It's great to get emails out of the blue with opportunities only days away. I myself would never be without Dispatch. Too many good opportunities to pass up for $150 or less prorated or whatever it is.Buy fewer lattes and cappuccinos at Starbucks and the Dispatch membership is paid for. DaveDave-How the heck are you submitting for Dispatch listings when you don't have a Broadjam account anymore? Those FedEx fees must be killing you! Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Quote:Dave-How the heck are you submitting for Dispatch listings when you don't have a Broadjam account anymore? Those FedEx fees must be killing you! I just stopped going to Starbucks altogether. Actually it takes three days for mail, four at the most. If I mail that day or the day after receiving a Dispatch it's no problem. I try to submit existing tracks for Dispatch. Worst case scenerio would probably be "priority mail" or two day guarantee. So far it's just been $0.89. Plus I only do a few here and there. Of the last 16 that have shown up lately, only two were listings I felt I could get really get some mileage out of.I would join Broadjam again if it becomes a problem but so far it's not really been an issue. Besides, "you-know-who" was an $0.89 snail-mail Dispatch submission.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Quote:Besides, "you-know-who" was an $0.89 snail-mail Dispatch submission. that understatement just says so much with so little

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Quote:I just stopped going to Starbucks altogether. ahem.... not during the Rally
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:47 am

Thanks Dave!I think I'm going to join dispatch. Great input from all though. Thank you

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 am

Quote:Thanks Dave!I think I'm going to join dispatch. Great input from all though. Thank youActually, Steve (sgs4u) made all the good points. I think I'm going to ask him to ghost-write all of my future posts to keep myself out of trouble.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 am

Conicidentally, I joined Dispatch yesterday! I had been planning to do it when my day gig shift changed but it ended up a listing came through that was perfect for already existing stuff so I took the plunge a week earlier than planned. Dave must have given up Starbucks after the rally because it seems like we had a cup or two together in the morning at the joint downstairs Mazzle
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 am

Quote:Quote:Dave-How the heck are you submitting for Dispatch listings when you don't have a Broadjam account anymore? Those FedEx fees must be killing you! I just stopped going to Starbucks altogether. Quote:ahem.... not during the Rally Quote:Dave must have given up Starbucks after the rally because it seems like we had a cup or two together in the morning at the joint downstairs Boy... you can't get ANYTHING past these folks. OK, I admit I may have "exaggurated" about not going to Starbucks anymore.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:48 pm

Quote:Actually, Steve (sgs4u) made all the good points. I think I'm going to ask him to ghost-write all of my future posts to keep myself out of trouble. Quote:keep yourself out of trouble???you obviously haven't read very many of my posts steve

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:24 am

Quote:Dispatch is interesting. It has pluses since you get more listings and you get faster feedback on your work. The downside is you have no idea why you didn't make the cut. I decided to join dispatch but I am wondering if I should have gone several months to a year with the normal listings to get a feel for proper placement and knowing where the bar is.Any other good or bad experiences with dispatch?Not getting critiques is the biggest downside to dispatch. And also coming up with something quick cause the deadline looms and you don't have anything ready but you've got a great idea.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website