Dispatch is the Shiz!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Dispatch is the Shiz!

Post by andreh » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:20 pm

As a followup to my recent skepticism about Dispatch, I feel compelled to share my growing enthusiasm for its offerings.The steady stream of diverse, interesting listings and opportunities that have been greeting me from my inbox just about every day has kept me looking toward tomorrow with eager anticipation (both of new listings and of the results of those to which I've submitted).3 thumbs up! Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dispatch is the Shiz!

Post by andreh » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:44 am

Quote:Shiz??? Can you translate for us non-television owning, rural kids?Let's ask Dave...he seems to be gettting hipper by the post! I'm sure it's something positive. Andre

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:34 pm

Quote:Let's ask Dave...he seems to be gettting hipper by the post! Oh yeah... I'm getting hipperdizzle by the minizzle.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:00 am

Quote:Okay, I get it. You guys don't know what shiz means either. We can only speculate, but I'm pretty sure Snoop Doggy Dogg meant "Some damn fine sh!t" when he coined the term. Andre (aka The Real Dr. Dre)

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:14 am

Andre, I didn't realize this was a literary reference!!!
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:25 am

Quote:I've been debating going the dispatch route. So it's a good idea?Hey Coach,First, congrats on the forward. Steve (sgs4u) made some excellent points, well... not just some - all were excellent and he covered things I like about it but didn't even realize. It's definitely worth it and the more flexible you are in terms of doing different styles the better. I only do instrumentals that fall into the categories of orchestral, electronica, and maybe new age and still there are at least several good listings each month. It's great to get emails out of the blue with opportunities only days away. I myself would never be without Dispatch. Too many good opportunities to pass up for $150 or less prorated or whatever it is.Buy fewer lattes and cappuccinos at Starbucks and the Dispatch membership is paid for. Dave

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:39 am

Quote:Quote:I've been debating going the dispatch route. So it's a good idea?Hey Coach,First, congrats on the forward. Steve (sgs4u) made some excellent points, well... not just some - all were excellent and he covered things I like about it but didn't even realize. It's definitely worth it and the more flexible you are in terms of doing different styles the better. I only do instrumentals that fall into the categories of orchestral, electronica, and maybe new age and still there are at least several good listings each month. It's great to get emails out of the blue with opportunities only days away. I myself would never be without Dispatch. Too many good opportunities to pass up for $150 or less prorated or whatever it is.Buy fewer lattes and cappuccinos at Starbucks and the Dispatch membership is paid for. DaveDave-How the heck are you submitting for Dispatch listings when you don't have a Broadjam account anymore? Those FedEx fees must be killing you! Andre

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Quote:Dave-How the heck are you submitting for Dispatch listings when you don't have a Broadjam account anymore? Those FedEx fees must be killing you! I just stopped going to Starbucks altogether. Actually it takes three days for mail, four at the most. If I mail that day or the day after receiving a Dispatch it's no problem. I try to submit existing tracks for Dispatch. Worst case scenerio would probably be "priority mail" or two day guarantee. So far it's just been $0.89. Plus I only do a few here and there. Of the last 16 that have shown up lately, only two were listings I felt I could get really get some mileage out of.I would join Broadjam again if it becomes a problem but so far it's not really been an issue. Besides, "you-know-who" was an $0.89 snail-mail Dispatch submission.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Quote:Besides, "you-know-who" was an $0.89 snail-mail Dispatch submission. that understatement just says so much with so little

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Quote:I just stopped going to Starbucks altogether. ahem.... not during the Rally
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website