Dissecting a Frog.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Dissecting a Frog.

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:21 pm

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Dissecting a Frog.

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:59 am

Now THAT was funny...

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:53 am

It isn't funny at all! Nor does the chorus contain a hook, raising a question of whether the frog was legimately caught, or subject to inhumane treatment. JD, you much (more) to answer for.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:35 am

Quote:It isn't funny at all! Nor does the chorus contain a hook, raising a question of whether the frog was legimately caught, or subject to inhumane treatment. JD, you much (more) to answer for.Ed,I give you my word as a human being of dubious origin!Not one frog was harmed in the making of this post.In fact,whilst standing on the top of the Eiffel Tower I had cause to give IT the kiss of life but as soon as it revived and saw me it jumped out of my hands and over the side.What could I do.Follow It?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:44 am

Actually it could be very good imagery... comparing the way he is treated by his lover as if she was dissecting a frog... Casey

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Quote:Actually it could be very good imagery... comparing the way he is treated by his lover as if she was dissecting a frog... CaseyI like it Case!Have you got a melody?

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 pm

JD, Your explanation, I am pleased to tell you, has gotten a forward. The humane society will probably ask that they be mentioned in the chorus, twice, and you will have to supply a satisfactory melody, but other than that it seems the perfect theme song for this year's frog fest.Congrats!
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Quote:JD, Your explanation, I am pleased to tell you, has gotten a forward. The humane society will probably ask that they be mentioned in the chorus, twice, and you will have to supply a satisfactory melody, but other than that it seems the perfect theme song for this year's frog fest.Congrats! Ed,Freddie.my pet frog,not to be confused with Froggie(the one who leapt from the Eiffel Tower has been hopping with joy ever since I relayed the news that he was to be guest of honor at the forthcoming Frogfest.You have made a green frog even greener!!!

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Quote:I once heard a song titled "Gluttony." It was performed in a basement club by a performance artist ( name escapes me ). The story has not. The song is about a woman trying to have a child. Eventually she gives birth, and solitude evolves into compulsion. Completely obsessed with the child's warm pink skin she does what any one might. A kiss on the the belly, a lip pinch on the the toes, gentle bite on the bum and so on until she eventually devours the child whole. Interesting interpretation of the seven deadly sins- horrible subject for pop music. Not all poetic profundities are worth expressing musically. Somethings are better left as passing thoughts. I think the same applies to frog dissection and love comparisons.Cats in Busses,you must learn to discern fact from fiction.Baby eating is not on the menu here.

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:31 pm

Speaking of discecting frogs .... man.... I had this flashback to a song that somehow seems to me like it was a huge hit back in the day when we could smoke joints and grow our hair......went something like....Sugar magnolia bloosoms blooming, heads all empty I don't careSaw my baby down by the river knew she had to come up soon for air....Can't remember the the second verse but there was a line.... do do do sunshine daydream.... do do do walking in the tall trees... I like think I passed out in the middle...It was this really cool indy band that used to tour the like the living daylights... merchandise, and real cult following.... can't remember though....