Do either of these fit any of them?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Do either of these fit any of them?

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Hey, y'all.I have two instrumentals that have had great luck so far with forwards, and there are suddenly a BUNCH of various TV/film and instrumental listings...60's music, 70's music, sad music, romantic music, European folk music... it's a long list.Could you guys/would you guys give either or both of these a listen and let me know if I should bother submitting either of them to ANY of these listings. I really am wanting/NEEDING to target my submissions a little better (not only to increase my "forwarded" percentage, but also to save myself a little extra cash ).Thank you so much, ahead of time, for taking the time. Ted"Sagebrush & Orchids"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eam=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is solo pianohttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2316&stream=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is minimally embellishedhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2317&stream=1
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Do either of these fit any of them?

Post by squidlips » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi Ted. I'm still trying to figure out Sagebrush and Orchids.....when I think I have it down to a genre, it changes up on me.....it almost sounds like romantic gypsy type music but the guitar strumming isn't it. I honestly don't know.....it's not quite romantic, it's not quite sad. It's got a European flavor. I know that. Not much help here.Song for the Quilt (both versions) is an easy one.....definitely romantic, definitely bordering on sad. Or at least pensive. Can almost hear it in a period film like Shakespeare in Love or Sense and Sensibility, something like that.Hope that at least helps you.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks, Squiddie. It does. FWIW, I'm having the same trouble pinning down S & O to much of anything other than "latin" listings, which is where I've had my successes with it, so far.Thanks, again, for taking the time.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Quote:Hey, y'all.I have two instrumentals that have had great luck so far with forwards, and there are suddenly a BUNCH of various TV/film and instrumental listings...60's music, 70's music, sad music, romantic music, European folk music... it's a long list.Could you guys/would you guys give either or both of these a listen and let me know if I should bother submitting either of them to ANY of these listings. I really am wanting/NEEDING to target my submissions a little better (not only to increase my "forwarded" percentage, but also to save myself a little extra cash ).Thank you so much, ahead of time, for taking the time. Ted"Sagebrush & Orchids"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eam=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is solo pianohttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2316&stream=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is minimally embellishedhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2317&stream=1Hi TedI think Sagebrush has a very European sound- maybe Eastern Europe, Greek, Gypsy... I could hear it as a folk dance and a Gypsy wedding... Bottom line is I WOULD submit it for European folk music. It's a beautiful track and at the minimum, very close to on-target. Both versions of Quilt are hauntingly sad and absolutely fit library calls for "sad music". I am partial to the piano-only but I would send both if the extra $5 isn't a problem. The emptiness of only the piano adds to the sad effect, IMHO... It's a tear jerker track... If you had to chose only one, you know my vote... CheersCasey

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Quote:Quote:Hey, y'all.I have two instrumentals that have had great luck so far with forwards, and there are suddenly a BUNCH of various TV/film and instrumental listings...60's music, 70's music, sad music, romantic music, European folk music... it's a long list.Could you guys/would you guys give either or both of these a listen and let me know if I should bother submitting either of them to ANY of these listings. I really am wanting/NEEDING to target my submissions a little better (not only to increase my "forwarded" percentage, but also to save myself a little extra cash ).Thank you so much, ahead of time, for taking the time. Ted"Sagebrush & Orchids"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eam=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is solo pianohttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2316&stream=1"Song for the Quilt" ...this version is minimally embellishedhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2317&stream=1Hi TedI think Sagebrush has a very European sound- maybe Eastern Europe, Greek, Gypsy... I could hear it as a folk dance and a Gypsy wedding... Bottom line is I WOULD submit it for European folk music. It's a beautiful track and at the minimum, very close to on-target. Both versions of Quilt are hauntingly sad and absolutely fit library calls for "sad music". I am partial to the piano-only but I would send both if the extra $5 isn't a problem. The emptiness of only the piano adds to the sad effect, IMHO... It's a tear jerker track... If you had to chose only one, you know my vote... CheersCaseywooHOO!Thanks, Casey.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Just on your recommendations, Squiddie and Casey, I submitted each of them for several of those listings...13 submissions, total. I'll be eager to post the results later. New versions/arrangements of S & O are in the works and will post them ASAP (which, for a NON-home-recorder like me, could mean April )I really DO need to move into the 21st century...Thanks, you guys. Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Quote:Just on your recommendations, Squiddie and Casey, I submitted each of them for several of those listings...13 submissions, total. I'll be eager to post the results later. New versions/arrangements of S & O are in the works and will post them ASAP (which, for a NON-home-recorder like me, could mean April I really DO need to move into the 21st century...Thanks, you guys. Teduh oh... You listened to ME??? What the heck were you thinking?? hee hee Casey

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Quote:Hi Ted. Song for the Quilt (both versions) is an easy one.....definitely romantic, definitely bordering on sad. Or at least pensive. Can almost hear it in a period film like Shakespeare in Love or Sense and Sensibility, something like that.And I totally forgot to say this earlier, Squiddie, but OMG. What an incredibly nice thing to say. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

I know it's too late, as you've already submitted, but for future reference... I agree with Casey... the piano only version is much better to me. The sounds of the cello and the pan pipe are pretty synthy sounding to me. The Sagebrush one is great... nicely recorded and played. Nice work, Ted!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:36 pm

Quote:I know it's too late, as you've already submitted, but for future reference... I agree with Casey... the piano only version is much better to me. The sounds of the cello and the pan pipe are pretty synthy sounding to me. The Sagebrush one is great... nicely recorded and played. Nice work, Ted!Believe it or not, 2 of the 3 forwards "Song for the Quilt" has gotten were "critique" listings, and the screener made a point of telling me how beautifully the cellist played!!! It was me on a keyboard with (what I was TOLD) was a top of the line cello sound. Luckily, I'm hearing rumors that a terrific cellist has recently returned to town. I'm taking Matt's words to heart, "...keep the vibe acoustic". That ought to be easy to replace with the real thing. Not necessarily CHEAP, but not all that difficult.I STILL appreciate your chiming in. AND especially the kind words.Thanks, Stick.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982