Do show trailers/promos pay any royalty?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4509
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by Kolstad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am

According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am
According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.
There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4509
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by Kolstad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm
Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am
According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.
There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots
Could it then be part of an agreement between the show and the library, that they could use the track for the promo? Promos can be individually negotiated and part of a deal.

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm
Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am
According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.
There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots
Could it then be part of an agreement between the show and the library, that they could use the track for the promo? Promos can be individually negotiated and part of a deal.
I don't know..maybe one of us should ask the Lib

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4509
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by Kolstad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm
Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm


There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots
Could it then be part of an agreement between the show and the library, that they could use the track for the promo? Promos can be individually negotiated and part of a deal.
I don't know..maybe one of us should ask the Lib
Yea, I think that's the only way to get the right information here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests