Do show trailers/promos pay any royalty?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Do show trailers pay any royalty?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:04 am
According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.
There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm
Kolstad wrote:
According to the sheets I have from my pro, promo use is usually included in sync fees. So I would think they plan to use the song in the show also, as that would probably clear the promo use.
There was no Sync Fee for the usage, and AFAIK it wasn't in the actual TV Show , as nothing else was detected by SoundCloud other than the Promo spots
Could it then be part of an agreement between the show and the library, that they could use the track for the promo? Promos can be individually negotiated and part of a deal.
Ceo of my own life

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Kolstad wrote:
Could it then be part of an agreement between the show and the library, that they could use the track for the promo? Promos can be individually negotiated and part of a deal.
I don't know..maybe one of us should ask the Lib

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm
Kolstad wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:

I don't know..maybe one of us should ask the Lib
Yea, I think that's the only way to get the right information here.
Ceo of my own life