Do you agree with the screener?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Do you agree with the screener(416)?

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Casey H wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:10 am
Sometimes it's close, but no cigar. Really nice track and it could easily find a home. :D Not what the screener said, but for this application, I found the guitar a tiny bit harsh and a softer instrument might have worked better. But that's just me, ignoring what the screener said or didn't say. I'm not at all knowledgeable on what synth sounds are current or not.
Thanks for your feedback Casey😊.
Yes, it can be close and you don't know how close.
I sometimes feel that the screeners don't listen too much to the reference tracks, or they are providing us with reference tracks that don't fit what they are looking for. In this case, I tried to make a track close to the reference with much more development along the way, than the reference track and the screener still make a comment about my arc, that's rather frustrating, and his comment about my sounds is complete nonsense when I listen to the reference tracks.
So I have(for now) decided only to submit to Listings, where I know I easier can get songs forwarded because I know the music style very well and move away from styles like ambient music, where I feel it's more of a guessing game(for me at least) what will get forwarded.

One more thing: It also frustrates me when TAXI or a Library keeps using reference tracks with vocals on, for an Instrumental Listing. I would rather hear only Instrumental tracks, so I can hear what the composers are using instead of a vocalist because it's two completely different ways to compose and arrange a track.
Is it only me that feels this way?

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:03 pm

DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm
One more thing: It also frustrates me when TAXI or a Library keeps using reference tracks with vocals on, for an Instrumental Listing. I would rather hear only Instrumental tracks, so I can hear what the composers are using instead of a vocalist because it's two completely different ways to compose and arrange a track.
Is it only me that feels this way?
Certainly, the simple structure usually desired in an Instrumental Cue is MUCH different from backing tracks for a song/vocal... which would have most of the elements that support
Verse/Chorus/Bridge, etc. - which is why submitting a song track with just the vocals removed often doesn't work as an Instrumental Cue (or underscore):
there's just too much, too many changes, going on.
I can understand your frustration.
For what that's worth - from The Peanut Gallery.
Last edited by funsongs on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

β€œThe future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:18 pm

Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm
I sometimes feel that the screeners don't listen too much to the reference tracks, or they are providing us with reference tracks that don't fit what they are looking for.
My own experience is they rely HEAVILY on the reference tracks as descriptive words are tough to nail down the requirements with. The first reference track is usually the one to listen to most closely. Yea, it can be hard sometimes to hear the details of of the instrumental part when a vocal is present. Not much you can do; If there was an instrumental version on YouTube, they would have provided a link.

:D Casey

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Do you agree with the screener?

Post by melodea » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:28 am

That listing was in my case screened by screener 369. I got 2 forwarded from 3 and the feedback was on the point. So yours got screened by nr. 416? Normaly after I get over my initial frustration I’ll read the feedback again and listen to the forward blog. In 95% of the cases I have to bend down my head and fully agree with the screener. It’s a tuf emotional game sometimes :?
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:55 pm

melodea wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:28 am
That listing was in my case screened by screener 369. I got 2 forwarded from 3 and the feedback was on the point. So yours got screened by nr. 416? Normaly after I get over my initial frustration I’ll read the feedback again and listen to the forward blog. In 95% of the cases I have to bend down my head and fully agree with the screener. It’s a tuf emotional game sometimes :?
Great to hear that your songs got forwarded
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
Yes, mine was screened by 416, as my last 10 submissions have have been.
I don't agree on his feedback, not even after listening to the forward blog.
There have been other times where I have disagreed and feel that he/she doesn't listen to the reference track before feedback, so I have made an official complain to the headscreener.

He has forwarded 4 out of my last 5 submissions, but the feedback he/she gives is sometimes not always, off target.

The one track I got returned was for the Happy Clappy listing last week. The other one got forwarded.
He/she forwarded the same track he/she rejected to the same type of listing a month ago. Now it lacks arc and is too repetitive, but he/she didn't thought that the last time and none of the Taxi members mentioned that, when I posted it in the Peer to Peer section. They generally all liked it.

The funny part is that I got contacted by a Hollywood library yesterday, and they want to sign the track that got forwarded. The owner asked if I had more tracks in the same style. I then send him the one that got rejected and he really liked that😊.
So that confirms what I'm thinking.

I have also kindly asked Taxi for more variation on who's screening the tracks, because I have got me a personal screener, it seems to be. I have submitted a lot of different styles from Epic Orchestral stuff and to Drum Jazz solo. I thought that Taxi had different screeners for different styles? Maybe I'm wrong?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:55 pm
I have got me a personal screener, it seems to be.
Shhhh!! Keep it under your hat or everyone will want one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, glad you are discussing it with Taxi. They do value our feedback. That doesn't mean they will agree with you but they will listen. Let us know how it works out.

Best,

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:51 am

melodea wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:28 am
Great to hear that your songs got forwarded
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
Yes, mine was screened by 416, as my last 10 submissions have have been.
I don't agree on his feedback, not even after listening to the forward blog.
There have been other times where I have disagreed and feel that he/she doesn't listen to the reference track before feedback, so I have made an official complain to the headscreener.

He has forwarded 4 out of my last 5 submissions, but the feedback he/she gives is sometimes not always, off target.

The one track I got returned was for the Happy Clappy listing last week. The other one got forwarded.
He/she forwarded the same track he/she rejected to the same type of listing a month ago. Now it lacks arc and is too repetitive, but he/she didn't thought that the last time and none of the Taxi members mentioned that, when I posted it in the Peer to Peer section. They generally all liked it.

The funny part is that I got contacted by a Hollywood library yesterday, and they want to sign the track that got forwarded. The owner asked if I had more tracks in the same style. I then send him the one that got rejected and he really liked that😊.
So that confirms what I'm thinking.

I have also kindly asked Taxi for more variation on who's screening the tracks, because I have got me a personal screener, it seems to be. I have submitted a lot of different styles from Epic Orchestral stuff and to Drum Jazz solo. I thought that Taxi had different screeners for different styles? Maybe I'm wrong?
That is awsome, BRAVO πŸ‘πŸ»
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 am

Casey H wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:20 pm
I have got me a personal screener, it seems to be.
Shhhh!! Keep it under your hat or everyone will want one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, glad you are discussing it with Taxi. They do value our feedback. That doesn't mean they will agree with you but they will listen. Let us know how it works out.

Best,
Casey, if you want screener 416, he/she is all yoursπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I'm looking forward to be hearing from the headscreener and hear her thoughts😊.

Thanks for your comments CaseyπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

Best

Dennis P