Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:52 pm

I'm working on another cue for the Japanese Dispatch listing. I was able to get both voices working in Kontakt Player, but every time I start to play the piece back, the lower staff instrument (YangQin) jumps from close to center where I put it and back to extreme right. It's annoying and getting a little frustrating since I can't figure out what to do. I looked on the NI site, but I didn't find a solution to this problem. Even shoving the slider all the way to the left doesn't help; the minute I hit Play, it jumps back to the right as though it's its default setting. I looked to see, but I can't tell what the default setting is or how to fix it. Any suggestions? (Aside from upgrading to Kontakt 6, which I can't afford at the moment!) Thanks!

Merry

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Post by Merryband1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:29 am

Thanks, Tom. I'll try those things and see what happens. I have another piece in PrintMusic that played well at first and then stopped playing back with VSTs at all. I wonder if that one has a similar issue. I'll keep you posted. :)
See you in Discord.

Merry

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Sounds like a rogue CC10 (panning) set to 127 (dead right), check your MIDI automation lanes to see whether that is the case.

Also, if I may make a practical joke, it may be that your yangqin is trying to run away, after all that is a Chinese zither :D
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 am

:lol:
Could be, Marco. I'm not sure about the cc automation setting. I tried to find it in the program and couldn't, although I did turn off the cc automation, but that didn't help. Maybe the Yangqin just prefers to play Chinese music! :D

Merry