Does signing up for a Discogs account interfere with submissions?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Muledog
Active
Active

Does signing up for a Discogs account interfere with submissions?

Post by Muledog » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:59 pm

I wanted to sign up for a Discogs account to update the listings they have on my 4 CDs but so far I can't find any wording in the Terms of Service that would conflict with any deals I may get through Taxi.

Has anyone had any experience with Discogs or had their contracts looked at for this aspect?

I know they do sell CDs but I was not interested in that side of it. I just wanted to sign up so I could make the listings for my releases corrected and updated without encumbering my publishing.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Thomas
Thomas Leary

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Does signing up for a Discogs account interfere with submissions?

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:02 pm

I don't know Discogs but on first glace, it doesn't look like they take any share of publishing or publishing administration which is the conflict with music libraries. You should verify that with them.

If that's the case, you would be totally free to place tracks in non-exclusive music libraries and MANY or maybe MOST exclusive libraries. A lot of exclusive libraries have their exclusivity limited to sync so you can do anything non-sync related-- streaming, sell downloads, sell CDs, etc. But their are some that don't permit anything outside of their activities.

So, if Discogs takes no publishing, it would be pretty safe to submit to Taxi listings. However, if you get a deal with an exclusive library, you'd have to ask them if this is OK with them. I wouldn't hesitate to submit, just be aware of this.

Good luck!
:D Casey