does this work as "extrem sport instr."?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

does this work as "extrem sport instr."?

Post by gitarrero » Tue May 15, 2007 9:03 pm

hi folks,thats the listing:****East Coast Production Music Library/Publisher is looking for EXTREME SPORTS INSTRUMENTALS for use behind Sports footage on TV. They need energetic, action-oriented material. Check a regional/national TV sports event/local sports news/ESPN and you'll get the picture. Prominent melodies not required. Please submit one to three pieces online or per CD; 60 seconds to 3 minutes is the recommended length for this pitch. ****I don't have the time to produce something new so I'm thinking about to submit an existing piece:* final fear* night of deathlink:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... =36881what do you think - might these pieces work for that listing..?thanks,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: does this work as "extrem sport instr."?

Post by davewalton » Wed May 16, 2007 2:50 am

Quote:hi folks,thats the listing:****East Coast Production Music Library/Publisher is looking for EXTREME SPORTS INSTRUMENTALS for use behind Sports footage on TV. They need energetic, action-oriented material. Check a regional/national TV sports event/local sports news/ESPN and you'll get the picture. Prominent melodies not required. Please submit one to three pieces online or per CD; 60 seconds to 3 minutes is the recommended length for this pitch. ****I don't have the time to produce something new so I'm thinking about to submit an existing piece:* final fear* night of deathlink:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... =36881what do you think - might these pieces work for that listing..?thanks,martinGenerally speaking, this was the style of music that came to mind when I read the listing. Personally, of the two, I preferred Final Fear. One thing about it though, it starts off GREAT... really a cool groove and lots of energy. Then some of that energy is lost after about 20 seconds when it goes into something less energetic and then loses more of that energy at around 30 seconds. Of course there has to be some kind of breakdown to make things interesting but the breakdown (at least in the beginning ) is longer than the "main" part.I want to emphasize though, I really love the groove when this thing starts out. FWIW,Dave

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed May 16, 2007 3:20 am

HeyWorth submitting these... I also think Final Fear is much better for this and has a decent shot at a forward. Good luck! Casey

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed May 16, 2007 11:50 am

thanks for the critiques.@dave: ahh, yeah I think I know what you mean - yeah I might cut down a version with more drive for that listing. I originally produced these tracks for a trash metal - listing. thanks for the thoughts.

lsp
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lsp » Mon May 28, 2007 10:45 am

Final Fear is HOT. It epitomizes XTREME. Nigh of Death is also very strong, short and to the point.Both of the tracks are well suited for he demographics for ESPN.SThese would work for snowboarding, surfing...if it were up to me it would go on all action based montages.You have the style nailed. Good Luck!!

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue May 29, 2007 4:31 am

Quote:Final Fear is HOT. It epitomizes XTREME. Nigh of Death is also very strong, short and to the point.Both of the tracks are well suited for he demographics for ESPN.SThese would work for snowboarding, surfing...if it were up to me it would go on all action based montages.You have the style nailed. Good Luck!!thanks! I've cut it down to the more energy-intense phrases and submitted it - let's see what the screener says;)cheers, Martin