Doo Wop Listing...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Doo Wop Listing...

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:29 pm

So here's the listing...http://www.taximusic.com/listings_cart. ... DW50's-era "DOOWOP" SONGS a la The Platters are needed by an established and high-profile LA-based Music Library. Great vocal and instrumental sounds/performances are essential. Male or Female vocals are okay and there are no lyric limitations. That said, it's recommended that you stay very close to the referenced group/sonic "vibe". They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. Broadcast quality needed. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Apr. 7, 2008. TAXI #Y080407DWAnd here's the song... (I should have a couple more to post in a day or so)Neverhttp://www.taximusic.com/hosting/songs.php?use ... ion=editso tawk to me (that's my brooklyn accent, btw)...Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Doo Wop Listing...

Post by billg » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Pretty cool daddy-o! I think the lead vocal could come up just a little bit, but then I'm listening on 'puter speaks.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Thanks, Bill. Your feedback is always a welcome thing.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Hey Ted,I only found the song "Home" when I clicked the link and that one was not er... Doo WopIs it still posted.Cisco

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:05 am

Hey, Cisco.Not sure what's up with that, but I'll repost the link. Let me know if it helps/works.Tedhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=2312&stream=1
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:10 am

YEAH TED!!!!!Now that's Doo Wop!The vocals are amazing!!!!!!I can't even begin to imagine how this doesn't get a forward.Brilliant!Cisco

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:12 am

Dude - I'm singing along with this tune like a mother. I even drifted into my best Frankie Valli falsetto!! Okay gotta go grease up my hair and sing along some more.Best,Cisco

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 am

Nice work.The only thing I think you need is to bring the main vocalist much more to the front.Besides that, it sounds great.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Quote:YEAH TED!!!!!Now that's Doo Wop!The vocals are amazing!!!!!!I can't even begin to imagine how this doesn't get a forward.Brilliant!CiscoThanks, Cisco.I'm really proud of this one. I wrote 90% of the words and 100% of the music. I arranged it ... produced it ... sang lead, 2nd tenor, baritone, and the guide vocal for the bass (who had a meltdown and stood in front of the microphone for FOUR hours without one single correct note coming out of his mouth).And just to let you know (billg and questor), this was engineered and mixed by Chris Isaak's former producer, Dave Wellhausen. There's nothing I can do about the lead vocal's levels at this point, but I've never had a problem with where they sit.No matter. Thanks, so much, you guys.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:37 pm

tedsingingfox,HA HA! That's good stuff! I feel like I might be listening to a scene from "Grease" or maybe even "Happy Days". Great job! Love the bass vocal. That's cool. That's a forward in my book, no doubt!ibanez468