DOT LOUNGE Happy hour

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

DOT LOUNGE Happy hour

Post by nomiyah » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

One of the best parts of the Rally was hanging out at Dot Lounge. That's my name for the tables in the lobby where Community Forum members were hanging out at all hours. After the panels and classes, it was great to go to Dot Lounge and hang out with you guys. I miss that!!! I've been so busy lately (in a good way) that I haven't posted much. But I've got to get in touch every once in awhile. So I thought I'd just start a new thread, a place to hang out with you again. Can I buy you a drink?Nomi

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: DOT LOUNGE Happy hour

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Quote:One of the best parts of the Rally was hanging out at Dot Lounge. That's my name for the tables in the lobby where Community Forum members were hanging out at all hours. After the panels and classes, it was great to go to Dot Lounge and hang out with you guys. I miss that!!! I've been so busy lately (in a good way) that I haven't posted much. But I've got to get in touch every once in awhile. So I thought I'd just start a new thread, a place to hang out with you again. Can I buy you a drink?NomiNomi!! Good to see you! I really enjoyed all our discussions at the Dot Lounge - what have you been up to?Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:44 am

Quote:I've been so busy lately (in a good way) that I haven't posted much.Hmmm, is there love in the air? That would be an early spring.

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:08 am

Nomi, Great idea! So nice to kick back and have a cup of coffee with you.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 am

Can I have a Vodka dot orange juice, please?

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks for asking how I've been doing. Here's the quick version:In the recording studio 30 hours a week, small business owner/operator 40 hours a week, single parent full-custody (his 16th birthday is on Monday), songwriting 15 hours a week. Life's short, I'm going full speed ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Taxi news: 3 forwards last couple of weeks. Got love from Screener #12 for the song "When It's Magic": "This is a cool lyric idea and I like the way you set up the scenarios for the pre-chorus and chorus to pay off. Pretty harmonies and vocal arrangements. Good opening line too. You definitely have some talent going for you here."Going to the Rally has improved results from Taxi. I learned a whole lot just hanging out at Dot Lounge. Good to see you guys! Bartender!!! Get a strong drink for Casey, coffee for the lady, and a round for all.

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:43 pm

CHEERS, NOMI!Great news all around - keep up the great work!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:18 am

Hey, honey.Good to hear the news about "When it's Magic", and to see why you've been MIA for a while.Next November, I get to buy YOU a drink.XOXOXTedps. So you were, what, 11 when you had your son? How on EARTH can you already have a 16 yr old?
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 pm

I just look young cuz I'm preserved by all the alcohol I drank at the Dot Lounge. When the bar closes, I get Aub to negotiate with the bartender while Matt raids the minibar. And that's the fountain of youth... (just wear dark glasses in the morning).

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am

"I'm preserved by all the alcohol I drank at the Dot Lounge."Sorry I missed that - I bet it was fun! I hit my 2 beer limit and went to bed on the one night that everyone was around - and I heard all the stories of what I missed the next day !Next year I'll have to nap in the day time....