Dramady samples?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JaredHallock
Active
Active

Dramady samples?

Post by JaredHallock » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:20 pm

Hello, hive mind!

I am getting the dreaded "wrong samples" comment for my Dramadey submissions. What are you all using for marimba and pizz. strings? I am using East West.

I appreciate any insight you are willing to share!

:D

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dramady samples?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:52 pm

I've signed tracks and have placements with Ricotti Mallets and the pizzi strings from Symphobia.

However, I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the EW samples and the issue is more likely one of arrangement and production.

Mark

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:00 am

Sup Jared! East West has a lot of pizzicato options within their various libraries. The "Symphonic Gold" (or Platinum, or whatever you've got) is caked in so much reverb that it sounds like everything was record inside a giant empty theater. I typically have to really decrease the sustain when I use anything from this library - you can do this inside the plug-in settings. Also, it depends on if you're using the giant string sections or the solo strings. Part of what the screener is saying might have to do with the size of your orchestra..... dramedy is typically more intimate sounding, and wouldn't use the whole 18 violins, 11 violas, etc that you'd find in a full orchestra.

The East West "Goliath" library also has pizzicato strings that are noticeably drier than the Symphonic collection. Dig inside there to see if you can find something. There's also a lot of mallet options in Goliath. Not to mention their upright bass is spectacular!

~~Matt

JaredHallock
Active
Active

Post by JaredHallock » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:45 pm

Thanks again Homie! I haven't dug into Goliath yet and appreciate being pointed in that direction.

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:17 pm

I don't think it's the samples, it's the mix. I've had plenty of dramedy placements where I used pizzi strings from within Lethal (LethalAudio.com). It is by no means an orchestral library. Get a nice stereo spread. a splash of reverb, badda bing badda boom.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

JaredHallock
Active
Active

Post by JaredHallock » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:47 pm

Thanks!