Dramedy help?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Dramedy help?

Post by ComposerLDG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 am

Hi all. I'm late to the dramedy game but am eager to learn. One of the reasons I returned to Taxi was that I missed writing outside my comfort zone. I'm gunning for the recent urban dramedy Dispatch listing. Would any of you who are seasoned in this genre mind having a listen and offering some constructive feedback? Thanks. Note, this is a private track, so not sure if the link will work on the mobile app.

-Loren

https://soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi/sly-talker/s-zUaFo

Here's the listing:

URBAN DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very active British Music Library that’s looking for lots of music due to heavy demand from their clients. They love music from TAXI members! They’re on the hunt for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below:

Love & Hip Hop: New York (From 1:26 – 1:50)

Love & Hip Hop: New York (From 1:27 – 1:48)

Please submit well-composed Dramedy Instrumental Cues (built around Urban beats) that could support a variety of scenes in Reality TV Shows. Your instrumentation can vary for this request, as long as it sounds current and has a noticeable Urban vibe.

Build your Cue around a central melodic theme, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as it progresses to create dynamics and interest. Please avoid anything that sounds overly busy as it could distract from a scene’s dialogue.

TAXI Tip: This library needs a bunch of fresh Instrumental Cues in this genre; so if you’ve got the goods, don’t be shy about submitting multiple pieces for consideration!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dramedy help?

Post by ttully » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:08 am

Hi Loren,

You are very close....

For some EXCELLENT examples of urban dramady, look up Taxi member Matt Vanderboegh Urban Comedy Showcase.....you will find no better examples than these!

Keep up the good work,
Tim

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm

ttully wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:08 am
Hi Loren,

You are very close....

For some EXCELLENT examples of urban dramady, look up Taxi member Matt Vanderboegh Urban Comedy Showcase.....you will find no better examples than these!

Keep up the good work,
Tim
Thanks, Tim! I will certainly do that. Matt is a legend.
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 pm

You are very close....

Awww, shucks. Thanks Tim! I haven't posted many new Urban Comedy / Urban Dramedy tracks in years, so the stuff on SoundCloud is all from my "back catalog", haha. But they still make money. Here's a direct link to that playlist. One of these days I'll post more and update this playlist.

https://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/sets/urban-comedy

Best of luck, Loren!

~~Matt