Drones

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tunesmith1

Drones

Post by Tunesmith1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:50 am

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on these 2 peices that I was thinking of submitting? Which one should I go for if any? The listing is below.
Thanks so much for listening, Matt
Flight Trouble:
https://soundcloud.com/matthewgough-1/f ... JX3m5wPZ64
Digeridrone:
https://soundcloud.com/matthewgough-1/d ... CJoRW1LrWu

AMBIENT, DRONE-Y UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a European Music Licensing Company with a really impressive list of placements in Film, TV, and Commercials!

Please submit “drone-y” Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

“Perihelion” by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

“The Abyss” by Ager Sonus (From 0:00 - 3:12)

Please send subtle Instrumental Cues with very little melodic movement. Your Cues should have a consistent droning-quality that conveys an unsettling, moody feeling. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout each entire Cue to keep your pieces cohesive from beginning to end. Instrumental Cues incorporating some pulsing bass notes, light drumbeats, pulsing pads, or any combination of those elements could potentially work, but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this request.

TAXI TIP: Please make sure your electronic elements/sounds can compete with the best-sounding Cues that are out there. Material that has poor or dated-sounding Virtual Instruments won’t work well for this request.

All submissions should be about 1:30 in length, give or take. Non-Faded Endings with a natural decay/ring out will likely work best. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumental Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll keep 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, July 23rd, 2020. TAXI # S200723AD
TAXI # S200723AD

SamGreene
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Drones

Post by SamGreene » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:49 am

Flight Trouble: Needs more development and sounds - doesn't really do anything for :30. It sounds like there is only one sound used in this track. The sudden and permanent pitch shift seems abrupt especially without any other sounds with it. You could add a lower bass drone, fade in/out some other textures on the left and right, some white noise.

Digeridrone: Same as the last - could also use some reverb. Listen closely again to the references and you'll hear that by :30 they have at least introduced 2-3 separate sounds.

I've been working on these same references and found it was helpful to get into the mindset of experimentation and looking to make some distinct and strange sounds before hitting record.

Tunesmith1

Re: Drones

Post by Tunesmith1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks Sam, that's really helpful. I'll add some more interest, Matt