Dubious Honor for my fair city

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dubious Honor for my fair city

Post by che » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:35 am

Here in Cincy (OH) we are hanging right around $3.45. Luckily our work commute is 10 - 15 ft away. The carrige house in the back yard. NO gas!Where it hits us "hard" is the commute to our kids schools. We live out of the busing district of our youngest 2, so we have to drive them both ways. It's 30min each way, twice a day. That doesn't include baseball practice back out that way or any meetings we have to go to. The older 2 can take public transportion school bus routes here. That helps some, but we now have a 17 year old new driver that needs to get to his ballgames etc... We have a gas hog van and a chrysler sebring convertible (6cyl). Neither are great on gas. The toyota camry that was best on gas met with another cars bumper and is now disabled. I sure wish we had that back right now. The hard part is that our family is so large that a car just doesn't hold us all Can't think of getting anything newer or better until after Christmas. That's the busiest season for our business. We usually cannot make many major purchases until that money comes in. Now of course when we sign a few songs etc..... that will change!!!!

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dubious Honor for my fair city

Post by llama » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:15 pm

The Chevy Volt looks promising. The first mass produced "plug in" electric vehicle. Release date is supposed to be end of 2010. Here's the link if your interested.http://www.chevy-volt.net/Derek