ears on "traditional spanish instrumental cue" por favor? (repost, fixed broken link)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

blakeminnerly

ears on "traditional spanish instrumental cue" por favor? (repost, fixed broken link)

Post by blakeminnerly » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Hey Taxistas! Just finished this spanish/flamenco cue, wanted a little feedback before submitting. Besides general mixing/production/appropriateness, here's a couple of questions for the more experienced folks
1) I've only got one definite edit point. Problem?
2) They ask for "around two minutes" This is 1:40. Too short or close enough?
3) Is multiple cues a big selling point (vs just 1)

Thanks all!

https://soundcloud.com/blake-villela-mi ... nish-cue-1

listing:
Lots of MINIMALISTIC, TRADITIONAL SPANISH INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful International Music Licensing Company with global distribution through a huge music conglomerate!

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Listing #D210430SP, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D210430SP, please send different material this time around.

TAXI Tip: Want to be a standout with little competition in a particular genre in this company's catalog? Here's your chance! Less competition = More possible placements!

This Company is searching for Instrumental Cues in the general ballpark of these references:

"Bolero Mallorqui" by Parado De Valldermossa

"Fire Dance" by Andrés Cantú

"The Night After Friday" by Medité

Please submit Instrumental Cues that capture the essence of Traditional Spanish music in a sparse and minimalistic way. Your Cues should have authentic-sounding rhythms, melodies, and instrumentation. Incorporating traditional instruments like the Castanets, Guitar, or Laúd could help your pieces feel more authentic. If you're using any virtual instruments to replace organic ones, they need to sound like the real thing – nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work, here. Build your Cues around a simple motif, and create a subtle sense of movement and dynamics by layering instruments in and out as they progress. Remember, simple is best for this pitch!

Quoting the Music Library: “We are looking for Cues that are sparse and somewhat simple. Only 4 to 6 instruments maximum. Keep them simple and try to introduce some edit points along the tracks. Very high bar, in terms of realism. Meaning, if any of the instruments sound too 'MIDI' then the Cues should be rejected.”

Your submissions need to be around 2 minutes long (nothing that runs 3 or 4 minutes, please) with non-faded, buttoned endings. Broadcast Quality is needed.

blakeminnerly

Re: ears on "traditional spanish instrumental cue" por favor? (repost, fixed broken link)

Post by blakeminnerly » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:08 am

No es bueno? Porque, mi amores, porque?

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: ears on "traditional spanish instrumental cue" por favor? (repost, fixed broken link)

Post by Zaychi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:58 am

Not my specialty in any way... but it's certainly Spanish :) and the composition is pretty good.

I think the lead guitar sound has a problem... it doesn't really sound like a guitar once it gets off after 0:19, it's more like a dulcimer. And there seems to be some artificiality to it as well... noet like someone actually playing (even though maybe you did!)

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:00 am

I didn't listen to the the ref tracks but I really dig this! I might consider another mix with less reverb, otherwise I think this kills, if it's not right for this listing it will certainly eventually find a home.

blakeminnerly

Post by blakeminnerly » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback! The instrument at 0:19 is a cimbalom, a kind of spanish hammer dulcimer. I agree that there might be too dense of a reverb happening. Might ease up on that.