We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

EDM Return - Someone buy me a beer !

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Bit bummed about this one...I coulda bought a sandwich with my $5 instead

Feedback From Screener "This piece is too busy for these scenes. A simpler approach was needed."

I thought 2 of the reference tracks were pretty busy !! Thoughts ?

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/au ... or/s-1bjIF

CURRENT SOUNDING ELECTRONIC DANCE INSTRUMENTALS (aka EDM) are needed for several $1,500, Direct-to-Music Supervisor, NON-Exclusive placements in a new Science Fiction TV Series done by the same producers as the hit TV show, Mr. Robot. They’re looking for contemporary, Mid-to-Up Tempo Instrumentals that are in the broad stylistic range of artists like (but not limited to): Steve Aoki & Headhunterz, Flashmob, ANG, Bitas, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following examples to get a general idea of the style they need: “The Power Of Now” by Steve Aoki & Headhunterz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amLi06dhx5w “Need In Me” by Flashmob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibCvMVFKh1w “Galactic” by ANG, Bitas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EUfiAuuH8I Although the references above have vocals, this pitch is for instrumentals only! Please send infectious, rhythmically engaging EDM Instrumentals that have a mainstream-friendly sound and structure. Your Instrumentals should be innovative with plenty of unique and big-sounding synths, awesome pads, moving melodies and contemporary beats. All Instrumentals should be at least 2 minutes in length, but no more than 4 minutes (give or take). Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for these placements is $1,500, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch. You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. Plus, you'll also keep 100% of your Publishing and Master ownership. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Songs Instrumentals Online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Music Supervisor - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Tuesday, May 9th, 2017. TAXI #Y170509ED

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: EDM Return - Someone buy me a beer !

Post by Len911 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm

You shouldn't beat yourself up! Who knew they were looking for songs to fit specific scenes and not something in general that might work for future episodes?
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Kind of agree with you on the busyness. The Arg & Bitas/Steve Aoki felt pretty busy to me as well... Maybe slightly more textural variation......? (Maybe? That's a push). :lol: Perhaps the Flashmob one was closest to what they had imagined. And to me, losing the 10 bpm was the only thing that really lessened that busy feeling. Win some, lose some I guess. Good luck for future placements!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 am

Len911 wrote:You shouldn't beat yourself up! Who knew they were looking for songs to fit specific scenes and not something in general that might work for future episodes?
The Screener knew....we were not privy to the full info. I did write this specifically for the Listing, but I think it will find a home somewhere eventually :lol:
annayarbrough wrote:Kind of agree with you on the busyness. The Arg & Bitas/Steve Aoki felt pretty busy to me as well... Maybe slightly more textural variation......? (Maybe? That's a push). :lol: Perhaps the Flashmob one was closest to what they had imagined. And to me, losing the 10 bpm was the only thing that really lessened that busy feeling. Win some, lose some I guess. Good luck for future placements!
Thanks Anna, yeah the Flashmob track was totally different wasn't it ? I was going off the written brief as much as the other 2 tracks. Happy to know it's not just me :lol: