Eight Year Update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Eight Year Update

Post by superkons » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:49 am

Great stuff, pal! Here is to a 2024 that doubles up the success you have had in 2023!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:28 am

Nice growth, Cosmic! 8-) Congrats! :mrgreen: Like MVB said, it shows both how hard work and perseverance can bring success and the harsh realities of this business. Hopefully, 2024 will see another big jump. Placements already made tend to rerun and expand to other markets and the more cues out there working for you, the more new placements you may get.

Happy Holidays & New Year,
:) Casey

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am

Thanks so much for sharing this insight Mark! As Mat mentioned it’s really inspiring but also showing the harsh truth of reality! I wish you continued success with your music.

Chris Moser
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:49 am

Congrats Mark!!!Really inspiring to see the income number increase and well deserved.

ksutton1207
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ksutton1207 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:38 am

Thanks for the encouraging update, Mark! Great to see the exponential growth in 2023 and hoping that sustains. It does seem like the 5-year plan is considerably longer these days (I’m around 9 myself), but so long as you focus on the controllables (i.e, output) and stay in the game, things can only improve. For one, I agree that focusing your efforts on libraries that get you the most return is the way to go.

Wishing you continued success!

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Thanks for sharing your year-end report, Mark. I look reading it forward to it each year. Congratulations on the upward trajectory. It is well deserved. I also want to thank you for the time and energy that you continue to invest in the Forums.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:22 am

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:12 am
Great to read this update, Mark, and awesome news on the progress; may 2024 even be more generous to you!
Thanks ! Same to you !
superkons wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:49 am
Great stuff, pal! Here is to a 2024 that doubles up the success you have had in 2023!
That would be going some ! Let's see what happens.
Casey H wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:28 am
Nice growth, Cosmic! 8-) Congrats! :mrgreen: Like MVB said, it shows both how hard work and perseverance can bring success and the harsh realities of this business. Hopefully, 2024 will see another big jump. Placements already made tend to rerun and expand to other markets and the more cues out there working for you, the more new placements you may get.
Thanks Casey, yeah without the things you said like hard work and perserverance plus a sprinkling of luck none of this happens. I think many would have jacked it in before the 5yr point if they hadn't had lift off but for me it was just when things got rolling.
melodea wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am
Thanks so much for sharing this insight Mark! As Mat mentioned it’s really inspiring but also showing the harsh truth of reality! I wish you continued success with your music.
Thanks Chris, yeah it can be quite brutal at times but if you keep going there is light at the end of the tunnel
gitanosoy wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:49 am
Congrats Mark!!!Really inspiring to see the income number increase and well deserved.
Cheers Andre - Just getting into my groove. :lol:
ksutton1207 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:38 am
Thanks for the encouraging update, Mark! Great to see the exponential growth in 2023 and hoping that sustains. It does seem like the 5-year plan is considerably longer these days (I’m around 9 myself), but so long as you focus on the controllables (i.e, output) and stay in the game, things can only improve. For one, I agree that focusing your efforts on libraries that get you the most return is the way to go.

Wishing you continued success!
Thanks Kyle, nice to see someone else who has been at it a long while - I think once you achieve a certain level of proficiency the main differentiator is the libraries themselves - If all my music was in my best library it might genterate a full time income by now. If it was all in my worst all it would generate is coffee money. It's a little like trying to pick the right stoks to invest in.
LamarPecorino wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:19 pm
Thanks for sharing your year-end report, Mark. I look reading it forward to it each year. Congratulations on the upward trajectory. It is well deserved. I also want to thank you for the time and energy that you continue to invest in the Forums.
Thanks Lamar , I'm glad you enjoy it. I started them originally to show how much work I'd had to put in with some small wins but not really much financial return because I figured there were lots of folks in the same boat and we only tended to about the real rock stars like Matt etc. on Taxi TV. I am glad that the tide is slowly turning as it shows that even if you've not done super well to start with , if you stick at it you can actually make a worthwhile return from your music.

Mark

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BrentI » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:36 pm

Congratulations on all your success Mark! Thanks for sharing this. I'm starting year four, and I find it really enlightening to read about your experience in this industry.

Happy new year!

richierock

Post by richierock » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:18 am

Wow, congrats Mark, what an amazing journey. I'm UK based too, thanks for the inspiration to help us all continue in the business.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:24 pm

Mark-
All the best for 2024! In the limited time I have been on here, you have been very helpful, and I appreciate it!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com