We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

funkyguitar
Active
Active

Electronic Based Dramedy Instrumental Cues - *Moved From General Hangout*

Post by funkyguitar » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:29 pm

*Moved From General Hangout*

Hey there, I'm new to putting together tracks and am learning, I'd love to get some feedback on this one. Please let me know if anything strikes you as not being appropriate for the request.

https://soundcloud.com/lancevallis/taxi ... 220-938-pm

TAXI DISPATCH

Lots of ELECTRONIC-Based DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Library with great Reality TV placements.

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following examples:

https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=FUjih ... 1GGyVj0scw (Starting From 2:37 - 2:52)

https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=FUjih ... 6WwV7_gkOQ (Starting From 3:27 - 3:55)

Please submit well-produced Dramedy Instrumental Cues composed around Electronic elements. Build your Cues around a central melodic theme, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward momentum. Please avoid anything that sounds busy, as it could interfere with a scene’s dialogue. If you can picture your Instrumental Cues working in quirky, funny, and/or mischievous scenes, then you’re probably in the right ballpark!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long (give or take) with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You'll keep 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, August 5th, 2020. TAXI Dispatch # D200805CC

SamGreene
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Electronic Based Dramedy Instrumental Cues - *Moved From General Hangout*

Post by SamGreene » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Surely is synthtastic. Is has bit of a quirky sound, which seems to be what is needed.

Seems like the synth guitar sound is a bit out of control - I'm not a fan of the sound in general. There are also very noticeable timing issues in the beginning. At the end of a phrase the instruments seem to drop out and left it feeling a bit empty.

The references leave something to be desired. Buried under dialog and very short. However, they seem to use shorter 'envelopes' on the synth sounds. Nothing is ringing out, instead using somewhat 'staccato' sounds. A tighter production in general. Also they have cymbal swells and drop outs which seem to be used at all the awkward moments to drop the music out or for transitions. I'd recommend looking up some dramedy cues in major libraries.

Other issues...It's the same chord progression the whole time. The ending is also very abrupt and needs some work. Those things will get a return for sure.

Good luck!

funkyguitar
Active
Active

Re: Electronic Based Dramedy Instrumental Cues - *Moved From General Hangout*

Post by funkyguitar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Great feedback SamGreene, thanks!