ELECTRONICA INSTRUMENTALS

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

ELECTRONICA INSTRUMENTALS

Post by mixopenta » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Got 2 forwards today on the Electronica Instrumentals listing S070911EL. I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank the screener #261, as he/she nailed the issues with the third song. It was like he read my mind on things I'd wanted to fix, but never got around to. Having weak areas roughly pointed out in black and white, makes it soooo much easier to get down to business! Thanks!The tunesCloudriding and Ancient Travellers were forwarded, Sunny Ride was returned.http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... NDEX=23249

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ELECTRONICA INSTRUMENTALS

Post by amos » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:53 am

Congrats, u peters!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 am

A funny thng happened to me on the way to getting forwarded. Actually, I submitted the wrong track (just wasn't paying attention when clicking the mouse on the Taxi Music site). I think this was for an exclusive deal and the track I originally submitted is being developed as a female vocal electronica track by myself and another Taxi member so I didn't want to submit something that might not be available as an exclusive. Plus it has a faded ending, one of the very few I have with faded endings. This listing wanted "button" endings.After finally submitting the correct track, instead of calling Taxi and asking to un-do my original submission, I decided to let it go just to get the critique.Both tracks were forwarded. Of course the reviewer didn't know I had submitted the one track by mistake and even though he said he was going to forward it anyway, he shook his finger at me for not paying attention to the rather obvious "button ending" aspect of the listing. Machine Funk (the intended track)www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/MachineFunk.mp3Synth Factory (the happy little accident)www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/SynthFa ... joy!DavePS - Good stuff U Peters. The first two tracks remind me a lot of what I hear on the Globe Trekker series.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:06 am

Good job, guys!! Ulf, loved the groove you got on both songs and the melody for Ancient Traveler. Also dug the haunting intro to Cloud Riding. Neat titles, too.Dave, talk about rubbin' some funk on it. Yay!I love electronica. I've always dreamed of doing a whole tune that sounds exactly like a remix but with no original, hee!!Well DONE!

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:07 am

Quote:A funny thng happened to me on the way to getting forwarded. Actually, I submitted the wrong track (just wasn't paying attention when clicking the mouse on the Taxi Music site). I think this was for an exclusive deal and the track I originally submitted is being developed as a female vocal electronica track by myself and another Taxi member so I didn't want to submit something that might not be available as an exclusive. Plus it has a faded ending, one of the very few I have with faded endings. This listing wanted "button" endings.After finally submitting the correct track, instead of calling Taxi and asking to un-do my original submission, I decided to let it go just to get the critique.Both tracks were forwarded. Of course the reviewer didn't know I had submitted the one track by mistake and even though he said he was going to forward it anyway, he shook his finger at me for not paying attention to the rather obvious "button ending" aspect of the listing. Machine Funk (the intended track)www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/MachineFunk.mp3Synth Factory (the happy little accident)www.DaveWaltonMusic.com/MyMusic/SynthFa ... joy!DavePS - Good stuff U Peters. The first two tracks remind me a lot of what I hear on the Globe Trekker series.Great work Dave.Love both tracks..butDon't happy little accidents usually have repercussions for much longer that 2 minutes!!!! College and beyond!
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:14 am

Quote:A funny thng happened to me on the way to getting forwarded. Actually, I submitted the wrong track (just wasn't paying attention when clicking the mouse on the Taxi Music site).So.. what you're saying.. is that you got a forward.. accidentally.. on a listing I got 3 rejections on? Well.. that's a confidence boost. I'm just playin'. Great job! You're an inspiration.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:56 am

Quote:A funny thng happened to me on the way to getting forwarded. Actually, I submitted the wrong track (just wasn't paying attention when clicking the mouse on the Taxi Music site). PS - Good stuff U Peters. The first two tracks remind me a lot of what I hear on the Globe Trekker series.And this comes from the man who diligently advocate the importance of targeting listings. Congrats! And great tracks too! I've watched Globe Trekker a lot, so maybe I was unconsciously steering in that direction when creating them. I take it as a great compliment as well, as I really enjoy the music in that show

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am

Wow...the tracks posted here are really great! Wish I had an ear for this. Dave, what drums are you using for the Machine Funk pieceCharlie

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:58 am

Quote:Dave, what drums are you using for the Machine Funk pieceThat would be the ever-useful and pretty much unlimited Stylus RMX (www.spectrasonics.net).

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:08 am

Stylus.......ahhhhh. Like taking a bath with a whole boatload of drummers. Without the sweat and flying sticks.