EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES, # S240212ZX

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES, # S240212ZX

Post by SteveR » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:05 am

With reference to the following listing, the listing makes it very clear that they don’t want it to be “epic” or “grand” in scale. Can someone please help me understand what defines epic or grand in this context? Two of the three references have big percussion, lots of rhythmic content, cymbal risers and quite big impactful arrangements. I must be missing something in my understanding. TIA

————————————————-

EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Brand New Music Licensing Company started by a seasoned industry pro! They already have distribution for their catalog, and because it's a new company this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a new relationship with an awesome, new Music Library!

This Company is looking for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of these references we got directly from the company's CEO:

"The World Before Us" by Jessie Yun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tGN3gTuW8

"For Riddles And Wonders" by Sami J. Laine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8y3qBZpAiM

"LONGING TO RETURN" by Jonas Öhler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEAAjADn3a8

Please submit Orchestral Instrumental Cues with uplifting positivity all the way through! Your submissions should have optimistic and hopeful motifs, and dynamic arrangements with plenty of forward motion and interest throughout. It's notable that company made a point to tell us that references don't become epic or grand in scale, so please pay attention to that. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, very realistic, and genre-appropriate.

Quoting the Client: "The music is uplifting, but it is not epic. Do not include any sound design elements such as whooshes, hits or risers, etc. This is purely orchestral music, but may include choir. The emotion is positive, optimistic, hopeful, uplifting, encouraging, etc."

Your submissions should be between 1:30 and 2:30 minutes long. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, February 12th, 2024. TAXI # S240212ZX

—————————————

Musicmonk84

Re: EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES, # S240212ZX

Post by Musicmonk84 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Hi! I'm new here, but I think I understand what they're saying.

The important detail in this phrase, "Do not include any sound design elements such as whooshes, hits or risers, etc.", is SOUND DESIGN elements. They don't want you to bring in any sounds that exist or originate from the digital realm (a lot of that stuff is in EDM). Whooshes, hits and risers FROM PERCUSSION is very acceptable it seems. They just don't want it to get any MORE epic with the additional digital elements. That is my best assumption from what I am reading. It is a bit confusing because the music references really are epic to me (at least the first one I heard), but they have a different view I guess.

I'm willing to be wrong though. Happy musicking!
-Soli Deo Gloria-

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES, # S240212ZX

Post by SteveR » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:44 am

Hi, thanks for your post. I get what you’re saying. I thought the first reference, at least, sounds quite epic but without any further guidance on a scale of “epicness”, I would conclude the same as you. Epic, in terms of this listing, no doubt refers to avoiding big trailer-esq risers, hits, downers, supplementary sound design etc.

It was the first paragraph, where it says, “ It's notable that company made a point to tell us that references don't become epic or grand in scale, so please pay attention to that.” That got me questioning. It’s the “epic or grand in scale” statement that got me confused, considering the references.

Thinking about it some more, they gave the three references for a reason, and paying attention to the references is always the way to go. Maybe I just answered my own query!