Entrance "Center Stage". (Neo-Classical Trailer)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Entrance "Center Stage". (Neo-Classical Trailer)

Post by johndalenow » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:40 pm

The string articulations in BOTH samples seem to mostly be marcato, so that's what I did with the strings in acts 2 and 3, even though I could also hear them as being more varied. Difficult to anticipate when the screeners also hear different considerations/preferences. What do you guys think about this specifically, as well as the piece in general?

https://www.taxi.com/members/5g4RsNP0S1 ... ter-stage-

NEO-CLASSICAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a globally distributed Music Licensing Company that has a lot of success landing TONS of Major Network placements every year.

This Company is looking for Trailer-Style Instrumentals that are in the general stylistic ballpark of the examples we got directly from the client:

Moonlight Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJj12tJzqc&t=53s

"Timeless" by Lacoste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-a3ntzSAA&t=22s

Please send in well-composed Neoclassical Trailer-Style Instrumentals that add a touch of elegance to whatever is being shown on screen! Enchanting melodies, excellent musicianship, and dynamic arrangements with three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo are all needed for this pitch. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic.

Quoting the Client: "The format and the sound quality are extremely important. Composers should familiarize themselves with the 3-act structure and the current sound of today's top trailers. It is important to be on top of today's current production techniques as trailers follow a very specific format/sound."

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50 - and placements in Film trailers tend to pay really well! The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, January 31st, 2024. TAXI # S240131CN
Last edited by johndalenow on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Entrance "Center Stage". (Neo-Classical Trailer)

Post by irthlingz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:38 pm

I'm getting a 404 on your link.
===
Michael

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:29 am

Thanks for the notification, Michael, but it's working fine for me. Don't know what to say. When you post your submissions, what is your procedure, perhaps I can post it a different way???

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:28 am

johndalenow wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:29 am
Thanks for the notification, Michael, but it's working fine for me. Don't know what to say. When you post your submissions, what is your procedure, perhaps I can post it a different way???
Not working for any one else, the detailed instructions are on the forum somewhere

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:09 am

johndalenow wrote:
Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJH_skd ... aulCroteau

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:10 am

irthlingz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:38 pm
I'm getting a 404 on your link.
===
Michael
Problem corrected. Access should be available now.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:11 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:28 am
johndalenow wrote:
Not working for any one else, the detailed instructions are on the forum somewhere

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:15 am

johndalenow wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:11 am
Yes!

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm

I think this is really nice music. It's really hard to say, the trailer market is so incredibly competitive right now and the bar is very high for string sounds. I think your track sounds great, it might lack some of the energy wanted in the last section, but again, it's really hard to tell. I've got no idea what the screeners will say, but please let us know!
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:04 pm

Paulie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm
I think this is really nice music. It's really hard to say, the trailer market is so incredibly competitive right now and the bar is very high for string sounds. I think your track sounds great, it might lack some of the energy wanted in the last section, but again, it's really hard to tell. I've got no idea what the screeners will say, but please let us know!
Thanks, Paulie for taking the time to listen and comment. I was thinking the same regarding just a little more energy in the 3rd Act so I extended the ostenato line another 8 bars to the end. Thanks again. Best!