Epic trailer forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Epic trailer forward

Post by Pvgeldrop » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 am

Hi everyone,

Normally I wouldn't post about a forward, but I'm pretty happy with this one, as I only started writing trailer tracks two months ago, so getting this forward feels like a feather in my cap!

Lots of EPIC, TRAILER-Style ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that's landed some great trailer and promo placements for TAXI members.

This company is searching for a bunch of Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Simulant - Official Trailer

The Moon - Official Trailer

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - Teaser Trailer

Quoting the company's CEO: "Must consist of grand, orchestral arrangements that evoke a sense of scale and intensity. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit wonderfully-crafted Trailer-Style Orchestral Instrumentals that are full of drama, suspense, and building intensity! Your submissions should have dramatic, larger-than-life motifs, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Please craft your pieces around one central motif and create dynamics, interest, and tons of exciting, forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as the pieces progress to a HUGE, climactic ending. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, very realistic-sounding, and well-articulated.

And here is my track that got forwarded: The Kingdom Rises

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Epic trailer forward

Post by melodea » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 am

Very nice cue Paul, and definitely epic! Btw, I would post all my forwards in this blog! I sign 4 of my best libraries because they found me on this blog!!!
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Wow!
That's awesome! Totally Epic!
Well done.

SMur

Post by SMur » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:16 am

Congrats, I listened and it has inspired me to try my hand at one of these. Great job

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:18 am

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 am
Hi everyone,

Normally I wouldn't post about a forward, but I'm pretty happy with this one, as I only started writing trailer tracks two months ago, so getting this forward feels like a feather in my cap!

Lots of EPIC, TRAILER-Style ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that's landed some great trailer and promo placements for TAXI members.

This company is searching for a bunch of Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Simulant - Official Trailer

The Moon - Official Trailer

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - Teaser Trailer

Quoting the company's CEO: "Must consist of grand, orchestral arrangements that evoke a sense of scale and intensity. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit wonderfully-crafted Trailer-Style Orchestral Instrumentals that are full of drama, suspense, and building intensity! Your submissions should have dramatic, larger-than-life motifs, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Please craft your pieces around one central motif and create dynamics, interest, and tons of exciting, forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as the pieces progress to a HUGE, climactic ending. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, very realistic-sounding, and well-articulated.

And here is my track that got forwarded: The Kingdom Rises
I really enjoyed this Paul! The rise in tension is great, and the overall dynamics are just superb! I do have a question for you - Is this a prime example of a "3 Act Trailer?" I only ask as a dumb bass player from San Diego who is trying to branch out from the Rock and Roll thing on here!! lol
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:30 am

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, it is appreciated!

@Bradley, this is a very typical 3-act structure, yes; intro, build, climax. I'm hoping to become a bit more creative with the acts and their transitions in the future, but for now I'm still learning!

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:26 pm

melodea wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 am
Btw, I would post all my forwards in this blog! I sign 4 of my best libraries because they found me on this blog!!!
It's also helpful to other members to see what is getting forwarded.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:50 am

irthlingz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:26 pm
melodea wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 am
Btw, I would post all my forwards in this blog! I sign 4 of my best libraries because they found me on this blog!!!
It's also helpful to other members to see what is getting forwarded.
Of course that’s the initial idea behind this blog😉
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

JayJayStudios
Active
Active

Post by JayJayStudios » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:18 am

Wow, great Paul! Not only the composition but also the sound is spot on here!

PS: can I ask you what libraries/plugins you used for the strings? Also the percussions are really great in sound though

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:32 am

Thanks Jakob!

For strings, I layer VSL Synchron Strings Pro with EW Hollywood Strings.
The percussion is a blend of Ferrum (free edition), EW's Stormdrum 2/3 (mainly the Godzilla patches), Ava and Eminence (for the hits). There's quite a bit of layering going on, I've got about 20 tracks for percussion only.