EWQLSO Questions

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Re: EWQLSO Questions

Post by chrisbee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:27 am

Hi Amos!! - if you are running Windows & you decide to buy Sonar - which IS a good program, btw - I just wanted to encourage you that if you have problems trying to get it set up, come on back out here and ask more questions. There are also some on-line user groups out there where I've gotten help from too.I found Sonar to be a bit difficult to get set up to run at first, so if it happens to you too, it ain't just you! Typically I use ProTools LE but I have a copy on Sonar too and have taught people how to use it. Once you get it set up, it works fine, but it's (just a personal opinion here!) not very intuitive during the "set up" phase.ProTools LE is usually bundled with an interface - which is what Matt was talking about. I've found it to be more user friendly than Sonar - but it's more expensive because you're typically buying a higher end interface at the same time - and it takes a more powerful computer to run it well.Hang in there! The learning curve for some of this stuff can be a bit steep, but it's an integral part of the overall music career thing now-a-days.

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: EWQLSO Questions

Post by amos » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:59 am

Thanks Chrisbee. I actually did download the demo version of Sonar 6. that's quite a program! Maybe a little over my head, who knows.i also checked out Zircon's suggestion of the tracktion software and by far it seems like the easiest to navigate around. The Tracktion3 is coming out soon and the price is pretty much right up my alley (99$)considering that I just bought the Gold Pro Bundle ($$$$). I'm still checking out all my options and I really appreciate everyones advice. But, boy do I like Reason. It's just so obvious what's going on, ya know? Of course, thanks to all of you guys, I now know that I can use Reason in most of these softwares as well.