Excellent and Experienced Lyricist Needed

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

musicgeek365

Excellent and Experienced Lyricist Needed

Post by musicgeek365 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:00 pm

Hello Taxi friends,

I'm looking for very talented and experienced lyricists who currently write lyrics at a professional level.

I am an experienced composer and songwriter (clients include Disney, ABC, etc.). Genres I currently write in are pop, adult contemporary, musical theatre, original songs for film/TV/ads, original holiday songs (Christmas songs, etc.), film scores, and orchestral music. I get many forwards from Taxi, and in one month alone three different music libraries wanted to pick up my songs and to hear my entire catalogue to acquire more. You can hear samples of my work below.

I’m looking for lyricists who are experienced and knowledgable about their craft (i.e. have an understanding of prosody, various types of rhymes, rhyme schemes, etc.). That said, I'm also open to lyricists who may be less experienced, but are extremely talented at writing lyrics and have lyrics to demonstrate it.

This is very important: being able to write lyrics adeptly to an existing melody (without changing the melody) is ESSENTIAL for this collaboration. If this is not something that you can presently do, this is not the right collaboration for you.

It would be best that the lyricist has experience writing in at least some of these genres mentioned above.

If interested, and if you strongly believe that you fit the bill of the above, please send me a message and send work samples in your first message. Preferably a link to BOTH your lyric(s) written out as well as a link to a recording of the song(s).

If this ad has been posted for a long time, please still feel free to reach out.

Many thanks, and I wish you all the very best in pursuing your art.

Kind regards,

Robert

POP SONG REEL: https://app.box.com/s/q33o805n63bzcoy719m01cx2p1vf16tp

POP SONG 1:
"CAN YA DANCE?” https://app.box.com/s/zmnlfxe6x3w9afqxet0msjbypjdps5c6

POP SONG 2:
“EUPHORIA” https://app.box.com/s/9uunfdl0yzbtyjyqiguaqs01toiorj5w

MUSICAL THEATRE BALLAD:
"FAR ROCKAWAY” https://app.box.com/s/91vdgr8djgvgwfinb6emg9pepramhuie

FILM SCORE:
"HEAVEN AND EARTH" https://app.box.com/s/gxnlq527jd5z0phryx02lf0hnvkcf5v1

crystali

Re: Excellent and Experienced Lyricist Needed

Post by crystali » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:48 pm

Hi Rob

I listened to your work. I like it. I'd be interested in working with you. John Covert BMI
Covert’s original music has been featured on Disney, ABC, TNN, HBO, CBS, VH1, MTV network TV shows, ads and film. One of my specialties is lyrics. various genres.

He operates his own recording studio and plays multi instruments. He does instrumental tracks in varied genres. Hi personal retro vocal style is Jimmy
Buffet, The Eagles, Willie Nelson, Rick Nelson.

He has done shows with Tower of Power, War, Simon & Garfunkel, Chuck Berry, The Doors, Sons of Champlin, Chad & Jeremy, Gary US Bonds and many other headline acts.

A grand prize winner in the Nashville Music City Song Festival and multi-finalist in the American Song Festival, Covert's songs have been featured on “The wonder years“ (ABC), “The Sopranos” (a&e
network tv), TNN (The Nashville network), VH1 “Driven” (featuring Grammy winner, Usher), “The fabulous life of country stars” (VH1), MTV, ABC TV “General Hospital” and Lionsgate films “Barb & Star”. https://www.what-song.com/Movies/Soundt ... ta-Del-Mar

Enrico

Post by Enrico » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:40 pm

Hello Robert,
Ive heard your tracks on the site and am impressed.
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to provide lyrics to your existing or new tunes.
Collaboration is when creative souls are in good place together, as I've written in a piece called "If The Chemistry Is Right."
Wouldn't let me attach the DOC, I'll send it to you via email.
Eagerly await your positive response
Hope to see you at the Taxi Road Rally.
Cheers mate,
Enrico

musicgeek365

Post by musicgeek365 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply to my ad, and congrats on the success you've had in your music career.

Please feel free to email me at thankyousomuchproductions@gmail.com samples of your lyrics, preferably both lyric sheets as well as links to hear the songs.

Cheers,
Robert

musicgeek365

Post by musicgeek365 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Hello Enrico,

Thank you for your reply and kind words about my tracks. I appreciate it.

I agree with you that a great collaboration requires the right chemistry.

Please feel free to email me at thankyousomuchproductions@gmail.com samples of your lyrics, preferably both lyric sheets as well as links to hear the songs.

I hope to meet you at the Road Rally as well.

Cheers mate,
Robert

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Hey Robert
Dropped you an email!
:D Casey

musicgeek365

Post by musicgeek365 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:39 pm

Hey Casey,
I received your email. Thanks for reaching out and for including lyric samples in your first email. I appreciate it.
Best,
Robert

janetsnare
Active
Active

Post by janetsnare » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:42 pm

Hi Robert,

I'd also like to toss my hat in the ring for collaboration, so will send you an email with links to my lyrics and songs:)

I have written songs in dark Indie pop, Americana, country, and folk and written to existing melody in three of those songs. Awards include winning the History lyric division of the International Narrative Song Contest for "Ballad of Crazy Horse" and TAXI Folk Song of the Month for "Fool for Love".

(On the instrumental side, I have horror music placed in 4 episodes of a ghost-hunting show on Amazon Prime.)

Thank you for your consideration!

Janet

https://soundcloud.com/janetsnare

musicgeek365

Post by musicgeek365 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:06 pm

Hi Janet,

I received your email. Thank you.

And congrats on the awards you've won.

I'll be in touch.

Best,
Robert

musicgeek365

Post by musicgeek365 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm

Hi Taxi folks,

I'm always looking for excellent lyricists who are able to write lyrics to melodies (i.e., where the music is written first and the lyrics second).

Please feel free to reach out. Including samples of your lyrics in your first message would be great.

Best,

Robert
www.robertintriligator.com