Exclusive deal question

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

markhatter
Active
Active

Exclusive deal question

Post by markhatter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:54 am

Hi,

If I sign a load of my tracks to an exclusive deal but some have them have been forwarded to other taxi listings, what it best practice?

For example, if a music supervisor wants to use a track but I've signed it to another deal, can I point them to the library I've signed with so they can get the track from there?

Thanks
Mark

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Exclusive deal question

Post by edmondredd » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:00 am

Hi Mark,
Avoid at all cost submitting exclusively signed tracks to Taxi listings. If you had submitted the same track earlier for different listings and got a deal for one, then it's fine.
Now to answer your question. If the supervisor is insisting on having the same track, then yes you could eventually point him/her to the library, although it might not be the best option.
Else, you could suggest writing a 'similar in vibe' cue, and submit it. You could then keep the publisher's share as well.
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

markhatter
Active
Active

Re: Exclusive deal question

Post by markhatter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I would never submit an already licenced track but I am about to sign some tracks exclusively that I've already submitted for listings.

Your answer is exactly what I was hoping to hear :)

Thanks again.

edmondredd wrote:Hi Mark,
Avoid at all cost submitting exclusively signed tracks to Taxi listings. If you had submitted the same track earlier for different listings and got a deal for one, then it's fine.
Now to answer your question. If the supervisor is insisting on having the same track, then yes you could eventually point him/her to the library, although it might not be the best option.
Else, you could suggest writing a 'similar in vibe' cue, and submit it. You could then keep the publisher's share as well.