We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL Listing

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:55 am

HI

I have made an attempt on this listing. This is a bit out of my comfort zone, so is this on target, or is it too much rock for an Indie pop Listing?
Any feedback is appreciated:-)

My song: https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... keeping-up

Reference Songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKAVxzHhadw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZApFfFdSRQ

The Listing:

INDIE POP INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a great Publisher with an awesome track record of really big placements in TV Commercials!

This Publisher is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could fit stylistically on a playlist with the following examples:

WARNING: Some of the following references have graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

TAXI Tip: You can use some simple, non-lyrical vocal chants to add some additional fun energy to your Tracks. Please do not submit full vocal performance songs, as only vocal elements like, “whoas,” “yeahs,” “heys,” “woo-hoos,” etc., will work for this pitch. That's not a requirement, just an idea.

Please send well-produced Indie Pop Instrumentals with catchy motifs, super engaging rhythms, and lots of fun energy. Instrumentation that's generally similar to the references and others like them will suit your submissions best. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are fresh and modern.

Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL Listing

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:34 am

It sounds really good to me overall, however the main guitar riff really reminds me of "Play The Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. Not sure if that's going to be an issue for the screeners or not though, but otherwise it sounds fantastic and right in line with the first reference track. Cheers! DK

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for a INDIE POP INSTRUMENTAL Listing

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 am

DouglasKnight wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:34 am
It sounds really good to me overall, however the main guitar riff really reminds me of "Play The Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. Not sure if that's going to be an issue for the screeners or not though, but otherwise it sounds fantastic and right in line with the first reference track. Cheers! DK
You're right Douglas, I have also thought of that😂. It's only the first part that has the same figure, so I hope it will be ok😎.
Thanks for your feedback😊👍.

Best regards

Dennis P