Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

FreddieK
Active
Active

Re: Feedback for a new Song

Post by FreddieK » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:47 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:55 am
I agreee with much of what's been said, I think a lot of it goes back to an arrangement issue. Many of the parts are all " speaking " in the same register as Brad alluded to.

Personally I don't think it's an issue you can 100% fix in the mix, the arrangement needs fixing first. Every just sounds too congested all in the same frequency range instead of being spread out.

Whilst I agree your voice has something going for it , I also hear a lot of issues. It sounds a bit like you have a lisp which could be a side effect of too much compression or de-essing, there's some pitchy-ness throughout as well which needs attending to espcially at the end of phrases it tends droop away. I am also fining it difficult to hear some of the lyrics which again I think could be due to come compression artifacts affecting the intelligebility , some arrangement issues and also just a mix thing of getting other instruments out the way of the vocal.

Style wise and songwriting wise, I have to agree with Telefunkin here it's got that retor 80s MOR-AOR type feel so as a piece it comes across as dated and not contemporary ( which might be a good or a bad thing depending on what you're aiming for so some context in terms of a Listing or Reference tracks may help ).

I think if you could fix everything it could be a decent throwback song, but it's not like anything you hear on TV now unless it's a period piece set in a previous era which I think it could work for.

Mark
Mark, Thanks for your input! I'll use all of your thoughts and advice to help me improve!!!
Freddie K

FreddieK
Active
Active

Post by FreddieK » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:53 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:21 am
Hi, I agree with Alan that it doesn't say 'country' to me. I get more AOR/MOR 80s style from the song. I also think that the keys dominate the soundscape, pushing everything else out of the way, so if it was my track I would suggest revisit the mix to bring the vocal forward with the rest of the band sitting comfortably behind.

If the song is for a particular listing then posting that listing would get you some more direct comments on whether its on target.
Thanks Telefunkin! Going to revisit the mix and do as you suggest to bring the vocal forward with the rest of the band sitting comfortably behind!
Really do appreciate your advice!
Freddie K

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Your vocal notes are all over the place. Throws me off. Get them tuned and your track will leap forward. good luck
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613