We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KentB
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback for Dispatch Submission

Post by KentB » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:09 am

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of upgrading to Dispatch and submitting to the following listing.

https://www.taxi.com/members/RvZfAQiQSI ... an-do-this

I would appreciate any feedback/help and opinions on whether or not I should upgrade to Dispatch. Thanks so much! The listing is below:

INSPIRING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal and has tons of credits in Big Films, Countless TV Shows, and Commercials!

VERY Important Note: While no specific genre was mentioned by the company's CEO, if you listen to the examples linked below, you'll quickly understand exactly what he's hunting for!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library's CEO gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

Instrumental Examples

Quoting the Company's CEO: "The beginning should feel intimate and personal – like it's the beginning of a process. Then your arrangement should move forward with more instrumentation to create a sense of making progress. Finally, your pieces should have a positive, inspiring conclusion."

Please submit well-crafted Instrumental Cues full of inspirational and positive undertones! Even though the Library is asking for different sections, they only want Cues that stick to one melodic idea throughout! Layer instrumentation in and out as your tracks progress to create that sense of build and forward momentum. Pay extra close attention to how this is done in the references! Organic-based instrumentation that's in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references will work best. Please be sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic-sounding.

ADVICE DIRECTLY FROM THE LIBRARY'S CEO: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for Dispatch Submission

Post by BrentI » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:15 am

Hey Kent, pretty track! Your ideas are good and the instruments sound really nice. I don't know what the references are, so I'm not sure how your track compares with those, but here are a few thoughts.

For the mix, I'd probably pull the bass and percussion/drums down a bit. I think you could also turn up the strings a little.

It's a tad dry to me. A bit more reverb might be nice.

Lastly, there are moments the piano and staccato strings sound a little off from each other. Is everything quantized?

Hope that's helpful! All the best with it!

KentB
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Feedback for Dispatch Submission

Post by KentB » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 pm

HI Brent,

Thanks so much for checking it out! Yes, that's extremely helpful. Everything is indeed quantized. However, I've still been having trouble getting the keys to be in time. I assume it's something to do with the samples. I'll keep playing with it.

BTW, here's the link to the references:

https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=K1yXd ... GOkd.PUaCw

Sorry, I didn't include that before. Thanks again! :D

Kent