We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback for EPIC "CHAMPION" INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi

This is my song for the TAXI # S210924EC listing.
What do you think?

https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... se-triumph

LISTING:

EPIC "CHAMPION" INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Licensing Company that lands placements on hundreds of shows on Major Networks every year!

This Company is on the hunt for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Oklahoma Drill" by Audiomachine

"See What I've Become" by Zack Hemsey

"Today We Fight" by Invasion from Mars

"Hard Hitter" by Audiomachine

Please send well-produced Instrumental Cues with engaging rhythms, solid musicianship, and an overall epic vibe and sound. Craft your Cues around a singular motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your submissions can have moods ranging from determined to focused to resilient to competitive to confident to triumphant – whichever approach you decide to take, your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be high-quality and modern. If your Cues could make the listener feel like they could take on the world, send them in!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback for EPIC "CHAMPION" INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:15 am

Wow, fantastic work! If anything, I’m not 100% sold on the click sound that starts at :11, but I really liked the piece and found it motivational. Well done!

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:28 pm

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:15 am
Wow, fantastic work! If anything, I’m not 100% sold on the click sound that starts at :11, but I really liked the piece and found it motivational. Well done!
Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you liked it. I hope that the screeners will too.
Regarding the click sound, It is a watch sample loop, which should symbolic the race against time of becoming a Champion😊. Maybe I haven't succeeded with thatπŸ˜‚.

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Anders » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:56 am

Yes, I agree with DouglasKnight great work and nice composition!
To me the clock ticking was fine but I had read the comment before listening so I was expecting it.
Possibly bring down the big brass that comes in at the end a touch (on the higher notes), what library is that?

Good luck!
/Anders

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:47 am

Good luck!
/Anders
[/quote]
Anders wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:56 am
Yes, I agree with DouglasKnight great work and nice composition!
To me the clock ticking was fine but I had read the comment before listening so I was expecting it.
Possibly bring down the big brass that comes in at the end a touch (on the higher notes), what library is that?

Good luck!
/Anders
Hi Anders.
Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
Maybe you're right about the brass, but i really want the end to have that epic sound, but it's of course also a matter of taste.
In my first mix, they sounded a little to brittle in the top which I didn't like, but know it's working better.
It's hard to find good Brass libraries, they tend to sound a little cheap. String libraries are more forgiving.
I think I used Audio Imperia's Nucleus library for the brass. I have also used spitfire Audio's Symphonic Brass a lot, which I really like. It has a more natural symphonic sound, where Nucleus is more hyped and great for trailer and Epic stuff, so it depends on the style and composition for me😊.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:11 am

Sounds really cool, very well done!

I was wondering about the progression though... it doesn't REALLY start until over 0:30 in the track; don't you think that's a bit late? Conversely, maybe pull it back to that single chord for a few bars later on in the track as well?

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:45 am

Zaychi wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:11 am
Sounds really cool, very well done!

I was wondering about the progression though... it doesn't REALLY start until over 0:30 in the track; don't you think that's a bit late? Conversely, maybe pull it back to that single chord for a few bars later on in the track as well?
Thanks for your commentπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.
I have been in doubt about the progression in the song but ended up liking it as it is. I tried to make the part before the breakdown bigger, but I think the impact is greater if I wait until the last minute.
One of the reference tracks "See What I've Become" by Zack Hemsey" also has a slow buildup with a piano start, so I thought that this song structure might work.