Feedback for S210502ND

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NMN
Active
Active

Re: Feedback for S210502ND

Post by NMN » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 pm

SubRivers wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:07 pm
Imagine if Deontay Wilder joined Taxi and got a return.
Or that other guy with the weird hair and orange face.
Nope :D

NMN
Active
Active

Post by NMN » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Cameloide wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 am
NMN wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:40 pm
Well I think "pyramid scheme" is probably the key term.

Let's see... we have so far:
  • Complete 180 in forum response tone
  • Squirming from familiar accounts quick to post ridiculous defenses
  • Corporate-sounding canned responses
  • Attempting to deflect to a contrived "left-wing scheme" (If you want to perpetuate the concept of "sides" then I already have no use for your feedback.)
  • Trying to talk circles around something and explain away a contingent that clearly already exists and has been started
And I'll give you a hint: sending me all sorts of compliments in reviews whilst simultaneously rejecting everything I submit isn't the way. What a fantastic way to keep someone from success by complimenting them through forum channels and rejecting them through other channels. I joined TAXI to get to work, not have my hard earned money nickel-and -dimed away. Do not waste my time.
Everyone on here can relate to the sting and frustration of a rejection. But I don't really understand what you're talking about. I'm not seeing this "180" you mentioned or the corporate sounding responses either. Usually the majority of people in the forum agree more or less with the screener's decision to forward or not. I'm not sure if you're insinuating somebody from Taxi has been commenting in this thread, but I find that highly unlikely that they'd care to be in here wasting time for free. I wasn't attempting to deflect or perpetuate the concept of sides either. If I'm not mistaken you brought it up, insinuating that Taxi was some sort of Right-wing scheme because a reviewer used a common figure of speech with the word "left" in it, and I was just pointing to a couple of obvious reasons why that didn't make any sense.

Regardless, it's not a pyramid scheme because none of the members need to recruit more people in order to get paid, and when/if one does get paid it's never by Taxi.

I think what you're really wondering about is if Taxi is a scam. And hell, I have no way of knowing for sure. I don't know much about the company or anybody that works there, but I do know that in the year and 4 months we've been members we've (through Taxi contacts) signed a few songs with music libraries and about 30 instrumental cues with 2 publishers for 4 cable TV shows and we've already made over 10 times the price of 2 years of Taxi membership. Of course, everybody's Taxi experience is different though & and one's success depends on a number of other variables aside from Taxi. Most of the time you won't see any money until you're 3 to 5 years into the sync world, if you put in a lot of work and are lucky and if you can deliver what clients are asking for.
I can't decide which would be worse: That you didn't read or that you choose to ignore the tone and content of the previous topic.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm

NMN wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 pm
Great prediction that you aren't very believable Cosmic!
I believe in myself , it's done okay for me so far. ;)

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm

NMN WOW DUDE CHILL OUT
Ron :D
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

NMN
Active
Active

Post by NMN » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:12 am

ronnie35 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:55 pm
NMN WOW DUDE CHILL OUT
Ron :D
I'm pretty chill Ron, why would you say otherwise?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:23 am

NMN
I see the listing text but not a link to your song. I would like to listen to the track itself with respect to what the listing asked for.
Aside from the "left of center" comment making absolutely no sense for a listing for Indie music, it is politically disturbing rhetoric
I'm not sure why you took that as political in any way as it's a common expression for off the main path. I am sure in no way did the screener mean it as a political reference.

If you provide a link to the song, I'd be happy to give you my opinion (FWIW) as to how it fits or doesn't fit the particular listing.

:D Casey

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:11 am

Hi NMN I thought your verbal behavior was a little out of hand. Taxi is an honest well put together company. It is here to help all kinds of musicians. No political crap.This world has to much of that BS it has caused so much hate! I know you put so much sweat and tears into your music but please remember when the screener listens to your piece they do not care if you are the best musician in the world as you know they just want the cue to fit the scene

Best to you, Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

Cameloide
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Cameloide » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 am

NMN wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm
I can't decide which would be worse: That you didn't read or that you choose to ignore the tone and content of the previous topic.
How dare I not study up on your previous topic. :roll: I have no idea what you are talking about, again. I was dealing with the current topic.