Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Merryband1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm

:) I'm still learning about LUFS and perceived loudness! I love your cue, though, and since it didn't distort for me when I played it, I don't imagine you'll have any problems from the compression!

Cheers,
Merry

MJLeeman
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by MJLeeman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:23 pm

This certainly inspires and builds. What an excellent job. Sorry for not being more specific. Congratulations.

Cheers
Michael Leeman

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 pm

DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:59 pm
superkons wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

Hi Marion

Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated😊.
It's true that the music is a little more squashed in the last chorus. It's the price you pay when you want your level to compare with the rest of the industry.
I try to aim for -9 -10 LUFS as my peak level and that's middle off the road, compared to others.

All the Best

Dennis P
Wow, -9/-10 is loud! I usually do -13 and nobody has ever complained. Also, all streaming services limit their LUFS at between -12 and -14, nowadays
A library I'm working with is demanding that my master is around -9 -10 LUFS.
It's true that all streaming services limit their LUFS to around -14, but even that can sound different from song to song because of perceived loudness, but that's a bigger subject that deserves its own threadπŸ˜‚.

All the best

Dennis P
Is that library called "Ear Destroyers"?? :lol: To be fair, me and my mate got both asked by the same library we work with to make our stuff as loud as possible. Now, it could work for my Urban Dramedy stuff, but my mate's Ambient Piano?? :P
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 pm
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am

Wow, -9/-10 is loud! I usually do -13 and nobody has ever complained. Also, all streaming services limit their LUFS at between -12 and -14, nowadays
It's true that all streaming services limit their LUFS to around -14, but even that can sound different from song to song because of perceived loudness, but that's a bigger subject that deserves its own threadπŸ˜‚.

All the best

Dennis P
Is that library called "Ear Destroyers"?? :lol: To be fair, me and my mate got both asked by the same library we work with to make our stuff as loud as possible. Now, it could work for my Urban Dramedy stuff, but my mate's Ambient Piano?? :P
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
For tracks that are not beat-driven, I always go for a lower LUFS, like -12 -13.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 pm

All the best

Dennis P
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
For tracks that are not beat-driven, I always go for a lower LUFS, like -12 -13.
That is what I too usually do :)
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:17 pm

Merryband1 wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm
:) I'm still learning about LUFS and perceived loudness! I love your cue, though, and since it didn't distort for me when I played it, I don't imagine you'll have any problems from the compression!

Cheers,
Merry
I'm also learning all the time, but try not to overthink it too muchπŸ˜‚.
I'm glad that you like my cue, thanksπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

Cheers

Dennis P

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:19 pm

MJLeeman wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:23 pm
This certainly inspires and builds. What an excellent job. Sorry for not being more specific. Congratulations.

Cheers
Michael Leeman
Hi Michael

Thank you so much for your comment, it means a lot to meπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

Best regards

Dennis P