Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:41 am

Hi Taxi members

I have finished another attempt for this listing:-).
Any feedback is much appreciated.

My song: https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... -challenge

Reference Tracks: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uxr2fe410d8z ... 2_gTa?dl=0

The Listing:

INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal and has tons of credits in Big Films, Countless TV Shows, and Commercials!

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D210723BL , but the Library didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D210723BL, please send different material this time around.

NEW TIPS FROM THE LIBRARY TO HELP YOU NAIL THIS PITCH: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

Instrumental Examples

Quoting the Library: "Here is the concept we would like to hear in your Cues: Idea - Planning - Realization - Success. The beginning should feel intimate and personal – like it's the beginning of the process. Then your arrangement should move forward with more instrumentation to create a sense of making progress. Finally, your pieces should have a positive, inspiring conclusion."

Please submit positive, inspiring Instrumental Cues that build throughout into a climactic ending. While this Library says they want different sections/feelings in your pieces, they only want Cues that stick to one melodic idea throughout, so layer instrumentation in and out as they progress to create that sense of build and forward momentum. Organic-based instrumentation that's generally similar to the references will suit your submissions well. Please be sure that your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are top-notch and modern.

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by DBarnett » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Hey Dennis,
Cool!! I think you're on target
The instruments sound good to me, I'm no expert but I can usually hear anything "too synthetic"
I like it, good job building and staying with a main motif

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback for song number 2 - INSPIRING, BUILDING, ORGANIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:09 am

Very nice work on this Dennis, sounds like a perfect fit for the listing. Really inspiring!

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:56 am

Nice job on this. Sorry, I can't think of any feedback to give :), it hits all the marks to my ears. Best of luck with this one.

Erich

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm

I really like it, Dennis! To my ears, it fits the listing well. What everyone else said, also! I did notice the waveform flattens out a bit at the end, but it didn't affect the sound in my well-balanced headset. I really hope you get a forward for this one!

Merry :)

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:54 am

DBarnett wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 pm
Hey Dennis,
Cool!! I think you're on target
The instruments sound good to me, I'm no expert but I can usually hear anything "too synthetic"
I like it, good job building and staying with a main motif
Hi Dave

Thank you for feedbackπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘,,.

All the Best

Dennis P

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 am

DouglasKnight wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:09 am
Very nice work on this Dennis, sounds like a perfect fit for the listing. Really inspiring!
Thanks Douglas, I'm glad that you like itπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

All the Best

Dennis P

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

Merryband1 wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm
I really like it, Dennis! To my ears, it fits the listing well. What everyone else said, also! I did notice the waveform flattens out a bit at the end, but it didn't affect the sound in my well-balanced headset. I really hope you get a forward for this one!

Hi Marion

Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated😊.
It's true that the music is a little more squashed in the last chorus. It's the price you pay when you want your level to compare with the rest of the industry.
I try to aim for -9 -10 LUFS as my peak level and that's middle off the road, compared to others.

All the Best

Dennis P

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am

DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

Hi Marion

It's true that the music is a little more squashed in the last chorus. It's the price you pay when you want your level to compare with the rest of the industry.
I try to aim for -9 -10 LUFS as my peak level and that's middle off the road, compared to others.

All the Best

Dennis P
Wow, -9/-10 is loud! I usually do -13 and nobody has ever complained. Also, all streaming services limit their LUFS at between -12 and -14, nowadays
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DennisPMusic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:59 pm

superkons wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am
DennisPMusic wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

Hi Marion

All the Best

Dennis P
Wow, -9/-10 is loud! I usually do -13 and nobody has ever complained. Also, all streaming services limit their LUFS at between -12 and -14, nowadays
A library I'm working with is demanding that my master is around -9 -10 LUFS.
It's true that all streaming services limit their LUFS to around -14, but even that can sound different from song to song because of perceived loudness, but that's a bigger subject that deserves its own threadπŸ˜‚.

All the best

Dennis P