Feedback for TAXI# S211106UN (Piano Driven Music)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback for TAXI# S211106UN (Piano Driven Music)

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Any thoughts on how to mix this better? At this point, I don't even know if its on the mark of what the call is asking for but I'm more interested in getting better at mixing and mastering than anything else. Any input would be most appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/Yz ... overcoming

Here is the listing below:
PIANO-Based UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal and has tons of credits in Big Films, Countless TV Shows, and Commercials!

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D210714UN , but the Library didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D210714UN, please send different material this time around.

NEW TIPS FROM THE LIBRARY TO HELP YOU NAIL THIS PITCH: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

Instrumental Examples

Quoting the Library: "We'd like to hear sophisticated, modern, pattern-based piano cues that are intimate, soft, and underscore-friendly. Structure-wise, make sure to both have a consistent composition and give the editors options to use ie: a dynamic section, build-up section, and more intense section. The key is to have different sections in terms of intensity, but NOT different in terms of harmony or 'new ideas.' Pianos often have quite a few resonances – so Dynamic EQs, Multiband compressors, different reverbs, etc. are very handy techniques to keep them from sounding muddy."

Please send well-composed piano-based Instrumentals that would work well as underscore for various scenes and scenarios. Craft your Cues around a singular motif/pattern, and create a sense of dynamics and forward momentum by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your pieces can feature other instrumentation like strings, light percussion, acoustic guitar, etc., but piano should be the focus. Your production and any and all virtual instruments or samples you use should be super high-quality and modern.

TAXI Tip: Although this Company wants pattern-based instrumentals, please keep those patterns on the simple side. Remember, you're not trying to show off what an amazing piano player you are, so much as creating a vibe, feeling, and emotion, while leaving plenty of room for dialogue to be the focus.

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

NOTE: This company has a strong preference for composers who understand music licensing companies and how typical music library deals are structured. If that's not you, they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for TAXI# S211106UN (Piano Driven Music)

Post by DennisPMusic » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:45 am

Hi

You have to make your song public in the song settings before people can listen to it.

Dennis

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi there, I thought I did and it looks like it says public in the corner. I've linked it below again if that helps.

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:53 pm

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:03 pm
Hi there, I thought I did and it looks like it says public in the corner. I've linked it below again if that helps.

Howdy!
You'll need to logout and then find your profile with a link like this (type in the url for your profile)
https://www.taxi.com/members/dave_barnett only use your profile name after the / of course :)
Then under the song pic you want a link for, right click the mail icon (you'll see FB & Twitter icons the 3rd to the right is email) and "copy the email address" for a direct link to that music
Hope this helps!! :D

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm

DBarnett wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:53 pm
bmoBauhaus wrote:

Howdy!
You'll need to logout and then find your profile with a link like this (type in the url for your profile)
https://www.taxi.com/members/dave_barnett only use your profile name after the / of course :)
Then under the song pic you want a link for, right click the mail icon (you'll see FB & Twitter icons the 3rd to the right is email) and "copy the email address" for a direct link to that music
I keep getting a 404 page when I follow the instructions you listed. Is this right? This seems like a very verbose way to go about this...

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 am

Here's what works for me when sharing a track link: Once the track is uploaded, I click the email icon and it opens up an email with a link in it. then I copy the link into my post and click the "insert URL" icon the the chat menu. Hope that helps! DK

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 am

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm
DBarnett wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:53 pm
bmoBauhaus wrote:

Howdy!
I keep getting a 404 page when I follow the instructions you listed. Is this right? This seems like a very verbose way to go about this...
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Actually, I had to click the email icon which brought up my compose an email window, and the link will be in the body of the new email
Copy that
Yes, it seems like the long around the barn, there should be an easier way
If there is, I don't what it is
Maybe someone can post easier directions....I hope
Have a good one