We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback on Positive Piano Orchestral TAXI # S221110ST

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Hey y'all!

Here is my take on a positive emotional piano & orchestral cue. Any thought are, as always, greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My track:
https://www.taxi.com/members/N5SOUeh_Qe ... -happy-day

Here is the listing:
POSITIVE, EMOTIONAL PIANO & ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hard-working Music Library that's landing tons of placements in TV and Film.

NOTE: This Library is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to create a new, ongoing relationship for your music with an awesome company whose catalog you're probably not in, yet!

This Company is searching for uplifting Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references we got directly from them:

"Years (A Look Back)" by Keith Kenniff

Baylor Volleyball: I Am More

"The Theory of Everything" by Jóhann Jóhannsson

Send them well-composed Instrumentals with a hugely emotional, positive, and melodic sound and feel. Your submissions should have emotionally uplifting melodies and engaging arrangements that combine piano and orchestral elements to take listeners on a dynamic and heartfelt journey. Please be sure your production is polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic sounding – nothing dated, stiff, or obviously MIDI-driven will work.

Your submissions should be roughly 2 to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This client will likely want 30 and 60-second versions as well, so please have these on-hand and ready to send them within an hour if the client contacts you.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback on Positive Piano Orchestral TAXI # S221110ST

Post by AlanHall » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Brian,
The track is very positive and joyful-sounding, it checks all the stylistic and mood boxes for me!

However, I am concerned that at 1:50, it might not be considered long enough. Others with more experience will chime in.

Alan

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:13 am

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:29 am

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:13 am
Something like this?

Certainly between 2 and 3 minutes ;)

Do you see the instrumentation as chamber-orch size, or full orch? It sounds intimate (like the ref tracks) up until 1:34 when the violins come in with the high 'singing strings' part. My ears hear a full violin section, is that what you were going for? (probably just my crummy hearing, is all)

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:08 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:29 am
bmoBauhaus wrote:
Something like this?

Do you see the instrumentation as chamber-orch size, or full orch? It sounds intimate (like the ref tracks) up until 1:34 when the violins come in with the high 'singing strings' part. My ears hear a full violin section, is that what you were going for? (probably just my crummy hearing, is all)

In The Baylor Volleyball commercial, there is a slight soaring violin melody that's in the back of the mix which is what I tried to mimic. It felt like it worked in mine so I kept the mix as is and just kept building the energy every iteration. Should I pull it back?

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:10 pm

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:08 pm
AlanHall wrote:
bmoBauhaus wrote:
Something like this?

In The Baylor Volleyball commercial, there is a slight soaring violin melody that's in the back of the mix which is what I tried to mimic. It felt like it worked in mine so I kept the mix as is and just kept building the energy every iteration. Should I pull it back?
I'm thinking my expectations of a full orchestra were set when the chimes (tubular bells to a child of the 70s like me) enter. I don't know that I've ever heard them in a chamber setting. So I'm probably hearing things that aren't there. If no one else thinks the violins are out of place, then please disregard ;)

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:10 pm
bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:08 pm
AlanHall wrote:

I'm thinking my expectations of a full orchestra were set when the chimes (tubular bells to a child of the 70s like me) enter. I don't know that I've ever heard them in a chamber setting. So I'm probably hearing things that aren't there. If no one else thinks the violins are out of place, then please disregard ;)
On a separate note, my choir got a big NEA grant during the pandemic and we are putting this wild concert this weekend that calls for chorus, children's chorus, flute, string nonet (22221) and percussion -- percussion that includes two Tubular Bells. I'd say contemporary chamber ensembles have incorporated them into the palette. : )

Again, going back to that Baylor Volleyball ad, there are definitely some faint chimes in the background.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 pm

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm
On a separate note, my choir got a big NEA grant during the pandemic and we are putting this wild concert this weekend
That's terrific! Will the concert be posted online?

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:55 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 pm
bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm
On a separate note, my choir got a big NEA grant during the pandemic and we are putting this wild concert this weekend
That's terrific! Will the concert be posted online?
We will definitely post an excerpt. This is an interview from one of the composers on the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rn1Dde40Fo

Give ol' Cantori New York a follow!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:17 am

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:55 pm
We will definitely post an excerpt. This is an interview from one of the composers on the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rn1Dde40Fo

Give ol' Cantori New York a follow!
+1