Feedback on Rock/Pop Instrumental for S221206VR

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

audiogust

Feedback on Rock/Pop Instrumental for S221206VR

Post by audiogust » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:33 pm

Hi Folks,

My song is called Summer Highway: https://www.taxi.com/members/uDVH6TZSS8 ... er-highway

I'd love to get your thoughts on how this new instrumental would work for the listing here: https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S221206VR

A LOT of MODERN POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

They're on the hunt for LOTS of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo

"she's all i wanna be" by Tate McRae

"How Do You Love Somebody" by Why Don't We

"Speed" by FITZ

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit current-sounding Pop/Rock Instrumentals (or Cues) that are bursting with tons of great energy. Your submissions should have driving guitars, energetic rhythms, catchy motifs, and plenty of mainstream appeal. Your instrumentation and arrangements should fall in the general ballpark of the references – and please lean more on the Pop side of the spectrum, rather than Rock, for this pitch. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central theme and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward motion. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and cutting-edge.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Thanks!
-Chris

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback on Rock/Pop Instrumental for S221206VR

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Hey Chris, very nice work on this! I think you're on the right track for the listing. Mix-wise, though, I wanted to hear more prominent and aggressive guitars and less synth. But, very nicely composed and performed, in my opinion, and best of luck with it!
Doug

audiogust

Re: Feedback on Rock/Pop Instrumental for S221206VR

Post by audiogust » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:50 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:54 pm
Hey Chris, very nice work on this! I think you're on the right track for the listing. Mix-wise, though, I wanted to hear more prominent and aggressive guitars and less synth. But, very nicely composed and performed, in my opinion, and best of luck with it!
Doug
Thanks! There's a lot of guitar in there, but not so much with the aggressive part. I'll dig in on that.

-Chris