Feedback Please

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

funkyguitar
Active
Active

Feedback Please

Post by funkyguitar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 am

Hey there, I'm new to putting together tracks and am learning, I'd love to get some feedback on this one. Please let me know if anything strikes you as not being appropriate for the request.

https://soundcloud.com/lancevallis/taxi ... s-wav-file

TAXI DISPATCH

Lots of ELECTRONIC-Based DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Library with great Reality TV placements.

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following examples:

https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=FUjih ... 1GGyVj0scw (Starting From 2:37 - 2:52)

https://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=FUjih ... 6WwV7_gkOQ (Starting From 3:27 - 3:55)

Please submit well-produced Dramedy Instrumental Cues composed around Electronic elements. Build your Cues around a central melodic theme, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward momentum. Please avoid anything that sounds busy, as it could interfere with a scene’s dialogue. If you can picture your Instrumental Cues working in quirky, funny, and/or mischievous scenes, then you’re probably in the right ballpark!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long (give or take) with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You'll keep 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, August 5th, 2020. TAXI Dispatch # D200805CC

Steverino
Active
Active

Re: Feedback Please

Post by Steverino » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi funkyguitar,

I am digging your cue. Unfortunately, It doesn't sound like the examples. In my opinion, your cue would be better submitted to a listing asking for 80's-retro styled synth music. For example, the drum beat that begins at 10 seconds totally has that 80's vibe. Also, the synth sound that you use for the main theme is reminiscent of something played on a Yamaha DX-7. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a different style.

Best,
Steve

Steverino
Active
Active

Post by Steverino » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:52 pm

......Also, you will get more responses for this if you post it under the 'Peer to Peer' section of the forum

funkyguitar
Active
Active

Post by funkyguitar » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Thanks Stephen, I had a feeling the synth sounds might be dated. The differences between '80s beats and more modern ones is a subtlety lost on me, unfortunately. I'll move the post to Peer to Peer. Thanks again!

juneboymusic

Post by juneboymusic » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:51 pm

Sounds pretty cool. You should try layering the synths with verb. It seems they are all on the same phonic sphere. Also, the quantization did not seem to take at some portions.