JohnV

Feedback, please.

Post by JohnV » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi All!

I'm thinking of submitting this track

https://www.taxi.com/members/EvDIaTs5SU ... -groove-on

for this listing
https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S231004SC
Several RETRO-SOUNDING FUNK INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for content creators as well as TV shows and Film projects!

This Company is on the lookout for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following references:

"Take Me With U" by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

"Running Away" by Thee Sacred Souls

"The Power Of The One" by Bootsy Collins

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Quoting the Company: "For all tracks, modern productions are a must."

NOTE: The Company has requested to hear a cool, authentic, lead instrument in place of where the vocals would normally be. Adding a simple guitar or keyboard melody to your arrangements is recommended! It's often best to do what we call "melody-lite," so your lead instruments don't sound like 101 Strings or elevator music versions where the lead instrument does the full melody that would normally be done vocally. ;-)

Please send in well-crafted Funk Instrumentals with a bright, uplifting feel, and an authentic, retro sound! Your submissions should have catchy motifs, funky, energetic grooves, great musicianship, and dynamic arrangements with lots of forward motion and interest. Instrumentation that's in the general ballpark of the references will work best (drums, bass, electric guitar, horns, etc.). Please make sure your productions are balanced and era-appropriate, and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality, realistic, and not dated-sounding.

What do you think?

Thanks so much!

JV

MartinKoppenhoefer

Re: Feedback, please.

Post by MartinKoppenhoefer » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:20 pm

Hey John,

what a musical and great sounding track... Love your work and style.
Gets me right into the cool mood. When I reflect your track against the listing,
for me the mood is right on point. And of course great production quality.

The reference tracks for me were a bit spreading wide and not specifically leading in one direction.
Makes it sometimes hard to compose to. Did you tweak the track a little bit more before submission
to make it more RETRO sounding?

I'm curious about the outcome of the submission. Did you find a 'home' for the track with the listing?

Regards,
Martin
Everything that can be bought has no real value.

Martin C K
European Composer, Songwriter and Producer, Worshipper
Working on a contemporary artful worship sound and style

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:16 am

Missed this first time around, really great track - I hope it was forwarded.

GregD

Post by GregD » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi John,
I liked the track. Your sax sounded great. Did you submit it and was it forwarded? Also, just curious; did you have a live band?
GregD