FEEDBACK REQUEST:

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NigelEHarris

FEEDBACK REQUEST:

Post by NigelEHarris » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:13 am

Hi, it's 2 days away from the deadline and 'I can't see the forest for the trees' anymore... pls feedback anything you hear that would help me improve this cover track -thanks
Here is the link https://musicalwellness.com/ Scroll down to 'Live and Let Die'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LULLABY-Style INSTRUMENTAL COVERS of JAMES BOND THEME SONGS are needed by a very busy Music Library with a great track record of placements in Films and TV shows!

This company is looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references. Please note, the following 3 references are NOT on the list of Covers that this Library requested – so please use them as a starting point to get in the general stylistic ballpark regarding tone, tempo, and style needed, but do NOT cover them.

"A Piece of Heaven Lullaby" by Brickman Lullabies (DO NOT COVER)

"Here Comes The Sun" by Julian Byrd (DO NOT COVER)

"... Baby One More Time" by Dr. Sleepy Time (DO NOT COVER)

This Library is open to Instrumental Covers of any James Bond Movie Theme Song, including (but not limited to) the ones specifically mentioned by the Library listed below:

"James Bond Theme" by Monty Norman
"Goldfinger" by Shirley Bassey
"Nobody Does it Better" by Carly Simon
"The Living Daylights" by A-ha
"A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran
"Live and Let Die" by Wings
"For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton
"The Man With The Golden Gun" by Lulu
"License To Kill" by Gladys Knight
Please submit well-composed, soothing Lullaby Instrumental Covers of James Bond Theme Songs with soft, sparse, and delicate arrangements in the general ballpark of the references. Lullaby-friendly instrumentation such as solo piano, toy piano, strings, acoustic guitar, etc, will likely work best for this request. Please be sure your production is polished and any virtual instruments or sounds you use are high-quality and not dated sounding. If you have covers that could lull a baby to sleep, send them in!

TAXI Tip: We recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies/motifs of the pieces you cover so they're more instantly recognizable.

Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers a 3-Year EXCLUSIVE Digital Distribution and licensing deal. You’ll split any sync fees and/or net income amounts received by the company (after 3rd party commissions, liability insurance, and web hosting fees, if applicable) 50/50 with the company. You must own or control your Master to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, November 10th, 2022. TAXI # S221110JB

TAXI # S221110JB

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FEEDBACK REQUEST:

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 am

Hi Nigel! You've got some very nice elements here, like the harp, bells and flute sounds. However, the timing of the melody seems quite off in places, so I'd suggest adjusting the rhythms to more closely match the original melody, which flows more fluidly. Also, for a lullaby, you may not need the kick and bass parts. Good luck with this! Doug

NigelEHarris

Post by NigelEHarris » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:41 am

Hi Doug,
Thanks for your feedback.
Yes alas I have heard this feedback before and will pay more attention to better timing... keyboard is not my preferred instrument and so it is more of a challenge to get the music flowing rather than with my usual stringed instrument.
Actually, the piece was not forwarded by the screener who wanted a production that sounded 'more current/contemporary'.
I have asked Taxi for a more in depth guidance to help me sound more current in the future.
Doug, do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for caring
Nigel (a Canuk presently wintering in Brazil)

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 pm

NigelEHarris wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:41 am
Hi Doug,
Thanks for your feedback.
Yes alas I have heard this feedback before and will pay more attention to better timing... keyboard is not my preferred instrument and so it is more of a challenge to get the music flowing rather than with my usual stringed instrument.
Actually, the piece was not forwarded by the screener who wanted a production that sounded 'more current/contemporary'.
I have asked Taxi for a more in depth guidance to help me sound more current in the future.
Doug, do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for caring
Nigel (a Canuk presently wintering in Brazil)
Hey Nigel, sorry it was returned. We’ve all been there!
As for suggestions, I’d say work to your strengths. For example, if you aren’t a keyboardist, like me, then, perhaps, collaborate with someone or gravitate more towards listings featuring stringed instruments. It takes a while to find your niche, but don’t give up!