Feedback Request: Tension cue for listing S220811NS

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nigelmerrick

Feedback Request: Tension cue for listing S220811NS

Post by nigelmerrick » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:35 am

Hi Folks

I plan to submit some tension cues to listing S220811NS (listing copied below), and would be grateful for any feedback on the 1st of those ("Splintered Boundaries").

The cue can be found here: https://www.taxi.com/members/ZabdXkNLS- ... boundaries

Thanks in advance for checking it out, and I look forward to your thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Nigel Merrick

---------------

Lots of TENSION INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a very busy British Music Library that's constantly landing tons of placements in Film, TV, and other Media.

This Library is looking for a range of Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following references:

"Consummation" by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

"405.2 Validating Delores" by Mac Quayle

"Race to the Finish" by Kenneth E. Belcher

"3.3_5-vengeancep4ct.sib" by Mac Quayle

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 0:15 - 0:46)

S.W.A.T. (from 0:00 - 0:45)

Send them well-composed Tension Instrumentals that could enhance, complement, and create an overall uneasy tone and mood. Your submission should have intriguing rhythms, polished production, and high-quality, state-of-the-art sounds and samples. Your arrangements can range from Drones to Investigate to Cinematic to just about anywhere in between! Electronic, Orchestral, and/or Hybrid instrumentation will all work for this request – just be sure your Instrumentals are generally competitive with the references and others like them. Craft your pieces around a central motif so your pieces remain cohesive, and layer new elements in and out as they progress to create interest and a sense of forward movement.

Your submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned endings with good edit points are needed for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced example in any way shape or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal. Since this is an Exclusive deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please send as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, August 11th, 2022. TAXI # S220811NS

------------------

Nigel Merrick

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback Request: Tension cue for listing S220811NS

Post by Paulie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:22 pm

I think it's a good track, I listened to several of the references. Most of them are a little more sparse than your track, there might be a little too much going on. The mood also might be more "horror" than "tension" but that is a subjective thing... got bit by that from a screener in the past. I say it's worth submitting.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

nigelmerrick

Re: Feedback Request: Tension cue for listing S220811NS

Post by nigelmerrick » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Hi Paulie

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and for your feedback, it's very much appreciated.

I understand what you mean about the potential horror vibe, so we'll see what happens.

All the best to you :-)

Nigel