Feedback Requested Please!

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Dianaperez1827

Feedback Requested Please!

Post by Dianaperez1827 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:06 pm

Hey guys! I'm new to Taxi and relatively new at producing. Any feedback at all would be helpful if anyone has the time to listen. I used the references "Koto" and "Akira" for this track. Here's the listing and a link to my track. Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndukf2a7c0s31 ... y.wav?dl=0

FAR EAST ASIAN-Inspired INSTRUMENTALS with BEATS are needed by an International Company that's always nailing down great placements in TV Shows, Film, and other Media.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as Dispatch Listing #D221105FE, but the Company didn't find what they were looking for, so they asked us to try again. If you submitted to listing #D221105FE, please send different material this time around.

This Company is on the hunt for a range of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following references:

"Koto" by CloZee

"Lanterns" by Xomu

"Akira" by Exyz & Namadzu

Send them top-notch Far East Asian-inspired Instrumentals that have modern, hard-hitting beats, traditional Asian musical elements (think Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.), and tons of great energy that could work well for a variety of sync placements. Your arrangements should blend current-sounding Electronic, Trap, and/or Hip-Hop beats with authentic-sounding Far East instruments and melodic ideas, and be in the general ballpark of the references (and others like them). Crafting your pieces around a central motif and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create a sense of dynamics, interest, and forward motion is recommended. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and cutting-edge.

Your Instrumentals should be at least 2 minutes long and no longer than 4 minutes, give or take, with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback Requested Please!

Post by pveniot » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi Diane
Since I am submitting to this listing also,
I thought I could exchange some info...
Since I had some Japanese style cues forwarded,
Here's my pitch

https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/aruku-to

Your cue uses an arabic scale (hijaz)
Here's a link for japanese scales:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_musical_scales

My cue uses Insen scale.

I suggest that you replace the melody by a melody based on any japanese scale you wish to use.
the rest of your cue is in the feel of the reference tracks.

Also try to find samples of japanese instruments. (NI Kontakt has a japanese instruments library)
Koto, Shamisen, Sakuhachi...

Hope this helps.

Pierre
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)