We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:29 am

Hi folks: this is a song that I fanally consider "finished" ... I'd like to see how it works on the pro audience.... Not gonna say any more about it... just any comments on any aspect... I am interested in how it works as a song as well as production and whether its up to the bar for braodcast and putting on my next CD....TIA... ArkJack Here's the link:http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... ndsq=1What Did You Expect? copr 2007 Jack EzicksonWell I wonder, if you heard by now, the word is spreading all over townI've been seeing another woman I've been fooling aroundI always had these needs you never' seeand I can't control how it should beNow you stand there wonderin' why I cheated on youWhat did you expect me to do?We had our fights, you said your words that kinda made me doubt the way you feelbut life, is too short a ride to be staying with a love that isn't realWhy I never said all this before I was talking to a locked bedroom doorSo don't stand there wonderin' why I cheated on youWhat didyou expect me to do?I always hoped we'd work this out and we would find a wayto give each other all the love we needthe fkind of love you feel when you can't live without someoneBut we never could, we never did, we never willSo I'll go up go pack my stuff I can tell by the tears in your voiceYou want me gone and your're blaming me,You say I already made my choiceSo sit there let it out, have your cry, the only thing to do is say goodbyeAnd I'll take the blame for cheating on youWhat didyou expect me to do?

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback: Whadjyou expect?

Post by andreh » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Jack-Was this song written for someone [previously] special in your life? If so, I wouldn't change a thing...you have a very clear, personalized message in it, and the delivery is sincere.As for its commercial appeal, maybe in a very specific TV or film scenario it could work. It does have a loose, dated sound, though, so that would either need to fit into the equation or be addressed.I enjoyed it for its upfront lyrics and unpretentious arrangement, but it's not exactly a radio-ready production.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback: Whadjyou expect?

Post by horacejesse » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 am

I enjoyed the feel of the song. Very Dylanesque. You are out of tune on the phrase "Already made up my mind." Especially the word "made." The other pitch anomalies in the song I can live with because of the style.