Female empowerment songs - genre question

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

helenrobertson

Female empowerment songs - genre question

Post by helenrobertson » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:59 am

The listing below doesn't state genre and it seems like the theme is the more important thing. The suggested songs seem to be in several genres. That said, it is listed under pop, so would it be foolish to submit rocky/punky songs? The two I have are:

https://soundcloud.com/helen-robertson- ... ar/s-9wfSm
https://soundcloud.com/helen-robertson- ... re/s-rvVK9

Would appreciate any advice people have. I'm also open to any more general feedback on the songs

Thanks
Helen

POSITIVE, EMPOWERING SONGS with Female Vocals are needed by a Music Supervisor for a TV Commercial about Women's Fitness. They’re looking for Songs in All-Tempos (recently recorded or Vintage Recordings can both work) that resonate with the sentiment and ideas found in the references they gave to us:

“Don't Rain On My Parade” by Barbra Streisand

“Royals” by Lorde

“Creator” by Santigold

“Makeba” by Jain

“Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien” by Edith Piaf

Note: As you can see they have referenced all sorts of genres and tempos, so please know it’s more about the Empowering Lyrical Themes, attitude, feeling, and mood than anything else.

What We Know: We know that this campaign will be focusing on celebrating how unglamorous exercise is by showing the real and unconventional ways women exercise, while inspiring others to get involved. So please be sure song exudes CONFIDENCE and is able to enhance the scene it’s used in!

What they want: Please send them well-crafted songs that that have an inspiring, anthemic vibe and style. Your submission should have great melodies and a great chorus that drives home an empowering message. They’re looking to hear songs that are bold, unconventional/unexpected, rousing, and edgy!

We think the commonality in these songs is that they all convey a positive, empowering, inspiring vibe and style. What it all boils down to is nailing the feeling and mood if you want to land a spot in this Ad Campaign!

Lyric Tip: Inspiring Female empowerment lyric themes are the order of the day. Songs about not giving a damn about what others think should work well. Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity are recommended.

nylyrics
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Female empowerment songs - genre question

Post by nylyrics » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Well it is quite a wide open range - I think your song "I don't care" could possibly hit the mark in terms of the theme they ask for. I would submit that one and see what happens and evaluate any feedback for next time around.

Good job on the songs.

Andy

helenrobertson

Post by helenrobertson » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks, Andy. Because I'm new to the forums (I assume) it took a little while for my post to get put up, and the deadline was short, so I just went ahead and submitted both.

helenrobertson

Post by helenrobertson » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

But, FYI, you called it right. "Superstar" was returned and "I don't care" was forwarded :)

nylyrics
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nylyrics » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:55 am

Hey that's great. Good for you!

Andy