Female singer, guitarist looking for new collabs

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

erikashergermusic

Female singer, guitarist looking for new collabs

Post by erikashergermusic » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:34 am

Hello! I just joined Taxi a month or two ago. I am a singer-songwriter and guitarist from New Jersey looking to partner up for collabs. I am basically brand new to sync, just got my first placement on a collab that I toplined as part of a sync mentorship, have had a few of my own released songs accepted into libraries recently and one song was just forwarded on Taxi. I would like to keep moving forward and meet more collaborators to work with! My natural genre is indie folk or rock, or even alt country, but I am willing to try things outside of my comfort zone and have to ability to sing more poppy and less twangy stuff. I have home recording equipment, am fluent enough to navigate Studio One as a DAW, can sing lead and harmony, can play some finger-picky or strummy acoustic or even write some solos on electric guitar and very simple piano parts. I am currently taking vocal lessons, trying to learn how to tune my vocals on my DAW and how to use EZ Drummer. Anyway, my vocals and musical style have been described a s mixture between Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, REM and Emmylou Harris. If anyone with a complementary skill set is interested in trying to collab on something, I would be excited to try! Not sure if it is appropriate or within forum rules to share my website or anything here...

Erika

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Female singer, guitarist looking for new collabs

Post by irthlingz » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi Erika - Totally okay and helpful to share your website and any streaming platforms you're up on. I believe the only thing TAXI doesn't want you to share is the names of libraries.
===
Michael

erikashergermusic

Post by erikashergermusic » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:46 pm

Thanks for responding! My website is www.erikashergermusic.com if anyone wants to check out my music, etc.

Enrico

Post by Enrico » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:30 pm

Hello Erika,
I'm a lyricist and have written a song recently for a female singer. It's called 'I JUST KNEW IT WAS YOU'
If you're interested in collaborating on this track, kindly respond to me at ricorao@bigpond.net.au
Just say TAXI MEMBER in the subject box, so that I know it's not some junk email.
Cheers from Australia.
Enrico

Here's the first verse......
I just knew it was you
The first time I saw your face
Coz the food I was eating
Instantly had a better taste
My foggy mind was cleared
All negativity erased
I just knew it was you
The first time I saw your face.

Dean3333

Post by Dean3333 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:30 pm

Hi! I am new to Taxi and I recently started writing lyrics. I’d love to co write or collaborate and if it meets your style have you sing it! You can email me at deannicole81@gmail.com. I’m in Jersey as well :)

brucescism

Post by brucescism » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 pm

Erika

I was just now browsing through the TAXI forums and saw your post seeking potential collaborators. I would be very much interested in the possibility of writing and track production with you. I do not have any syncs at this point, but do have several TAXI forwards, have songs in libraries and sync agencies, and am actively working to write and produce songs and also production music pieces. My comfortable styles include: country (traditional), alt country, americana, blues / gospel blues, some jazz, folk. Here is a link to DISCO playlist to give you a sample/idea of my writing and work: https://s.disco.ac/opkytjcbnias

These mixes are my work in writing, engineering, production. Two of the songs were basic tracked at a studio in Ojai, CA but were finished and remixed at my home or in the studio here in TN that I have access to.

Thanks

Bruce Scism
scismmusic@gmail.com
www.scismmusic.com