file types and storage

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

GPDoc
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: file types and storage

Post by GPDoc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 am

CTWF wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 pm
GPDoc wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 pm
As always, it took me forever to figure it out, but, Great Success! I got Audacity up and running, resampled my 44-16 piece to a 48-24, and it all worked. Wooo Hooo. And Tom, I figured out that if you click on the down arrow next to the name, on the left of the wave patterns, then click on "format" you will have the option to click 24 bit. Thanks again everyone.
Oh, yes, that works. Also, the "Spectrogram" view is cool - I have just seen that the first time. But how to export as 24bit WAV still eludes me. Might be impossible.

Tom
After a month or so of messing around with this, I think I got it figured out. My issue was how use Audacity to change my wav files recorded as 44.1khz 16 bit to 48khz 24bit. My criterion for success is being able to load the song onto my Tascam dp32, to a song already set up as 48 24. After repeated failures, it seems that I have success. My interpretation is that all of my problems came from not having ALL DUCKS IN A ROW. There are multiple windows that relate to khz, and bits, and it is possible to set up one window, thinking you are finished, but failing, due to another window not being in agreement. Here are all the windows, more or less in order, that just today I have found allowed me to finally load the track to a song on my Tascam:

1. Load the song to Audacity
2. hit the select button to activate the option to work on the song
3.click the down arrow by the name
then select Format, then select 24 bit (from three options, 16 bit PCM, 24 bit PCM, 32 bit Float)
4. Click on tracks
click resample, choose 48000, click ok
5. click project rate (on the bottom left of screen)
set to 48000 from drop down options
6. click edit
choose preferences 48000hz, 24-bit, OK
7. click file
click export, choose wav, encoding must be set to signed 24 bit PCM

For anyone using Tascam porta studio, these functions are all done on your separate computer. Then the resampled song needs to be loaded to Audio Depot, so that it can be imported to the song that needs it.
Last edited by GPDoc on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.